Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
craigyb

Painted calipers

48 posts in this topic

Craig,

They look great. What was the paint? was it easy to do?

I'll have a closer look on Tuesday 169144-ok.gif

Wow! But for the moment, if I never see another calliper again it'll be to soon. Spent the day putting my new discs in....

They look good Craigyb! 169144-ok.gif

Hope yours work OK and are finally sorted Sneaky! 169144-ok.gif

They look the mutt's nuts Craig.....How'd you do them? That could be me sorted for something to do tomorrow laugh.gif

169144-ok.gif

They look well good. I painted mine silver but they went gold at a track day but then the centre caps on the 20's started to melt so maybe I was a bit too hard on them

sorry to disagree but I think painted calipers = chav nova, what'll it be next big bore exhaust and blue neon washer jetts the_finger.gif

[ QUOTE ]

what'll it be next big bore exhaust

[/ QUOTE ]

You must admit, they do look good. Sound on the other hand - is phenonemal! An Audi V8 with 4 exits is sweet. I do believe the new RS4 has 4 exits too!

[ QUOTE ]

blue neon washer jetts

[/ QUOTE ]

Any one getting these on their 8, needs a slap.

I remember last year, just after Rogue had picked up her S2000, she turned up at a Windsor meet with neon/led valve caps. Fingers and I were going to pick some up for the 8's for the next meet, just to see the look on peoples faces laugh.gif

HONEST!!!!!

I have to say, that I think painted calipers look the nuts.

Again, I'm having to purchase more brake pads (fecking things don't last long when you do mega mileage!!!) And did have a look at the Porka upgrade kit. But would probably want to source an S8 kit instead I reckon, as I believe their Brembo calipers anyway laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

sorry to disagree but I think painted calipers = chav nova, what'll it be next big bore exhaust and blue neon washer jetts the_finger.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Nice zorsts boys. I've been thinking about painting my calipers for a while now. For some reason they are slightly rusty, hard work to do though and I'm not sure it would look right on my car. Might go down the silver route and avoid the red, slightly too much in your face for a Volvo. 169144-ok.gif

Cheers Tian.....there's a few of us that have them now....I think LPS have done most of them for the guys on here 169144-ok.gif

ME next I think, although I fancy two oblong pots like on the A8 quattro D3, whtt do you think?

[ QUOTE ]

I have to say, that I think painted calipers look the nuts.

Again, I'm having to purchase more brake pads (fecking things don't last long when you do mega mileage!!!) And did have a look at the Porka upgrade kit. But would probably want to source an S8 kit instead I reckon, as I believe their Brembo calipers anyway laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I did investigate the porche upgrade kit from AMD a few weeks back (i too do mega mileage and fancied some hefty stopping power).

My understanding is that the S8 is fitted with bembro's anyway (or at least 4-pot calipers)...anyway AMD have still yet to get back to me with a quote for fronts & rears.

In the mean time, i'm just playing with my finances to cover a trip to LPS to get me some quad zorsts FIREdevil.gif

I think painted calipers look great too 169144-ok.gif

Did you put audi rings on them? Can't tell from the pic. Either red or black calipers are a fantastic touch i reckon. People notice them when you drive alongside. Classy.

I'm with Craiqyb on this one, two oblong for me instead of the quad.

The brakes on a Porsche are Movits' made by Brembo to Porsche spec. The brakes on an S8 are same monoblock 4 pots as Movits' but with Brembo on them. BTW AP's are owned by Brembo but are much better brakes.

I'm going for 6 pot Movits' front and 4 pots on the back with a Lambo single pot hand brake, have all the parts and maybe in the evening I'll have the car to put them on.

Strewth man - that set up would stop a Challenger MBT at full chat!

Worry about the poor Chav in his Saxo behind you.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm with Craiqyb on this one, two oblong for me instead of the quad.

The brakes on a Porsche are Movits' made by Brembo to Porsche spec. The brakes on an S8 are same monoblock 4 pots as Movits' but with Brembo on them. BTW AP's are owned by Brembo but are much better brakes.

I'm going for 6 pot Movits' front and 4 pots on the back with a Lambo single pot hand brake, have all the parts and maybe in the evening I'll have the car to put them on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interestingly I can not see any visible branding on my calipers at all.

Where are you / did you source the Movits from ??