ANY1 USED FLASH CAR CLEANER

jnm008

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I used it for a second time at the weekend and it seems even better than the first time.

Wet it all first, did about a quarter of the car at a time rinsing as I go. Got talking for a second and looked back and the car was super clean and not a single water mark on it anywhere. Didn't even use the ionised water either.

It really is petty darn good and really is worth a try for the more sceptical amongst us.

The shampoo is what makes the difference.

I actually had my pressure washer hooked up to the hose as well as the Flash Carwash (hozelock T splitter thingy) and used the pressure washer to clean the car and apply the soap (it has a soap attachment). Then used the Flash thing to perform the drying only function.

It worked just as well.

The soap obviously is doing the work. It also leaves a film on the car so when it rains, it all beads off nicely.

The unit is worth getting - it does make it simpler, but when your car is covered in dirt then you need good water pressure to match that of a pressure washer to remove it. Otherwise, when you get that sponge on your paintwork, you'll add scratches.

It takes about half the amount of time to wash my car now, and it looks much better after doing so.

1) Blast car with Pressure Washer to remove dirt.

2) Cover a section of the car in soap

3) Sponge it around

4) Wash it off with clean water

5) Apply "drying" water to it and move onto the next section

If you don't like it, send it back.

As Sparky says it really is that easy. I used it at the weekend with the soap and not the drying water ?!? And it still worked a treat, I was speaking to someone so didn't have time to take it off. It looked great and a leather never touched it, if I hadn't used it and seen it myself I wouldn't have believed it. It works better the second time I used it aswell don't be tempted to do the whole car in one go it doesn't work as well like that. Water, quick lather quarter at a time with the top first, then wash off each section as you do it, then the drying water all over. It comes up a treat. 169144-ok.gif

Haven't tried the Flash product, but recently acquired a filter thingy from Ionic Systems.

I was a bit sceptical beforehand as it's effectiveness, but it was absolutely superb. The paintwork looked stunning with a deep bright lustre and there was not a single water stain to be seen.

I'm even looking forward to washing her again.

Tried it today and I have to say I am a bit dissapointed. When the car dried there were loads of streaks & water marks. Also wasnt very good at cleaning a car which was quite dirty as the spray shampoo on and sponge method just didnt seem to work as well as using a sponge soaked in soapy water which allows the debris to run away as you wash.

Perhaps it would work better on a car which was cleaner to start with (I have been a bit lazy lately) but is no substitute for the normal gold class wash I do. I now need to wash the cars a second time properly - might dry using the 'aqua dry' afterwards on a couple of spots though...

See, I quite like washing my car properly with soapy water and a sponge, then hosing it off and chamousing it afterwards, find it quite satisfying, and very effective.

Think I'll stick with my tried and tested method.

Used this for the first time yesterday (yep I know I know, it's taken me nearly 3 weeks to give my new car it's first wash wink.gif.

It's come up nicely but I have a few problems with it and probably won't use it again to wash the car, other than for the "auto-dry" part at the end which truly was superb.

The guild quality is a bit rubbish. Especially the flimsy green rubber cover for where the shampoo goes which resulted in half a bottle of the stuff now sitting on my garage floor. Why not a screw cap?! Also, it seemed to leak - maybe my water pressure is too high but drops of water were constantly coming out from the bottom of the unit. Fine during normal use, but when on "auto-dry" it was a pain doing the roof because "normal water" kept dripping on the bits I had just covered in the filtered water. Also, it seemed to take twice as long to wash as you had to keep picking the unit up, applying shampoo to the car, then sponging, then swapping back etc. Much quicker to walk round with a bucket and sponge.

Overall, I would give it 6/10. I will use normal shampoo and a sponge to wash the car, then the auto-dry filter at the end, but won't be using it again from start to finish. You have to really use a bucket and sponge on the wheels anyway so you can rinse the sponge properly, so defeats the object of having the flash "all in one" unit.