what colour is Hell Red?

mjburges

Hi all,

i have found a cerbera i'm interested in buying - it's 'Hell Red' - is that a bright red - i'm after a very bright red like that of my morgan - like a bright ferrari red - is this the right colour? Does anyone know of any others for sale with black or grey leather?

Kind Regards,

Mike Burgess

Hi Mike,

Welcome to Tyresmoke!! The problem with TVR is that they dont have as such have specific colours for the models. Basically if you see a colour you can have it!! A hell red i would assume is a very deep metallic red, but i cant say that i have seen a cerbera in that so looks like you might have quite a rare colour there!!!

Got any pics of your morgan to get an idea of what colour exactly?

here are the details;

CERBERA 4.2 1997 (P)

Details

23,500 miles. Rosso red with magnolia duo tone hide and red stitching. Air con, multi CD, just had 24K service, M.O.T and 6 months tax. Outdoor quality Covercraft cover included. Full TVRSH, never raced or driven in wet, always garaged and covered. Immaculate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advert Age: 5 days

Price: £18950.00

Phone: 01529 240176

Oh and GTI international is primarily a Golf GTI show, but theres loads of stuff there. We are currently getting quite a crowd down there over the weekend of the 10th &11th May.

That golf looks immaculate!

Morning all,

god do i feel tired.....

found out this Hell Red is EXACTLY the colour i want - so looking at in on the weekend - it's a 4.2, think it's an R-reg

Recently had £5k spent on it including a new clutch, which is good news - what else do i need to look for? I don't want to end up with a £20k paper-weight!!!! It's had a recent service, FTVRSH etc

Cheers guys!

Mike

Morning...

Get some pics up when you can would like to know what colour it is!!!

as for tips.. whats the milage on the car? Have a good look underneath at the chasis check for corrosion. Having a new clutch is a good thing. Oh and a warranty is a must!! Cant say i would really reccommend the people i am WHA as when i had a new clutch they would only pay for the part that needs replacing but apparently you can only get the clutch as a complete kit so therefore i had to fork out for the remaining mad.gif, but hey when to get to drive it it more than makes up for it!! beerchug.gifsmlove2.gif

i am presuming that the cerbera has the ajp8 engine which i am not that familiar with (tuscan has the speed 6, and newer cerberas do too). Electrically they arent that bad, unless the car leaks (which quite a number do) so check the footwells for damp. 40,000 is quite high for an engine so ensure that all servicing is completely up to date, ask for any reciepts of repairs.

isn't there a way to contact the dealer that serviced the car or TVR and ask around?

that's what i did when i bought the porker and it helped me in a way that they told me the owner was a real freak with his ex car and always took it in at half the length of miles where it normally should have gone in for service

never spent a euro less on service, always demanded the best no questions asked....

znaika.gif

hi all,

looking at the car tomorrow - this is the car - perfect colour and black leather :-)

so, what should i look for? It's a 1997 4.2 with FTVRSH - 40k miles, 5k spent v.recently on new clutch and tune at TVR - perfect condition, the guy has challenged us to find a problem with it!!!!!

post-1437-137914243501_thumb.jpg

clutch and hanbrake test???

wouldn't know anything else

just buy it and let him sign a contract, if something major goes tits up in 6months time and it can't be linked to your driving he's....responsible for it

and bring it to GTI mate!!!

would look loverly next to all the other toys on our stand!!

just put a deposit on a different one - slightly darker red, but still bright, perfect condition, loads of documentation, HPI clear - grey leather - red carpets, looks the business - now for the insurance!!!! Any recommendations - ideally want to put my son on too - he is 21, has 4yrs no claims - i got a quote of £1400 for the both of us off Tesco fully comp............