Midline/Highline

AlanH

Hi,

I've had a look through the handbook it doesn't specifically mention the highline MFD but the MFD you get with the sat-nav offers access to a lot of items that you can configure (eg, length of time coming/leaving home lights stay on for, footwell light brightness and a whole host of extra options).

I can only assume from what I've heard elsewhere that the highline gives you the same access that the MFD with the sat-nav gives you.

I've got the Midline in mine and the display looks different from anything I've seen on forums, etc. The top half contains warning lamps and is blank when driving assuming you don't need warning about anything... The lower half has the standard MFD items but the gear display is down the right hand side.

I'll try and get some pictures on when I get back to work

Cheers, Neil.

I had what I think was the Midline MFD in a previous Mk4 GT TDi, and the info on display was fairly comprehensive. I haven't ordered SatNav in the new car, so I just wondered if the extra £45 was worth it. There is another thing that I'm a little confused about - the GTi demonstrator had a small button for resetting the trip meter. Is the trip displayed in the MDF? With the GT TDi, there were two trip meters. One reset after around 2 hours of being stationary, the other was manually reset from a button on the underside of the right stalk. I can't remember where the odometer display was! Pictures would be useful - thanks.

Can anyone say for sure whether the top half of the computer display is ONLY available with the highline? My dealer told me - having looked it up on his VW computer - that the ONLY difference was the number of facilities available (to be honest, none of which I'd use). But if the display is only truly full with the highline, then...

Hi,

The lever lets you choose between the long term (99Hrs / 9999 miles) and short term (all trips in a period that has no longer than a two hour interruption) memories.

You can reset either memory whenever you choose and the rocker switch at the end just lets you cycle through the various values.

You can also reset the trip via the button on the dash.

Cheers, Neil.