No RSR

Dave

According to Autocar the RSR project has been dropped.. Audi are going to follow the lines of a large sports coupe...

It goes on to say that Audi felt that the RSR was too similar to the baby lambo.

Sad news if true.

Dave

frown.gif

Yeah, no RSR but the Nuvolari Quattro sounds amazing. You get a good choice of engines, starting with the 450bhp biturbo from the RS6. The best engine will be the one form the new baby lambo but with the brake upped from 5 to 600bhp. Comon that sounds good.

It is also set to be practicle fitting at least 2 in the back, sounds good to me...

post-1352-137914243163_thumb.jpg

OK, 450 bhp = relatively wimpy !

Re the pic, - Isn't this the 'Rosemeyer' concept on which the RSR was based - there is a picture of a blue RSR (used in Autocar, I think) that looks even nicer (I used to have it as my wallpaper on my PC, but it got lost when my hard drive crashed).

sidicks

Well, with the S4 Coupe not due until 2004 and probably more likely 2005, and the Nuvolari due in 2005/206, I thought I'd better get down to the dealers to express some interest.

They didn't want to take any money - but have me down at the top of an 'unofficial list'.

When more info comes in (or if others start trying to place deposits) they'll let me know and give me the choice to sign up 'properly'.

This way I've I can see how things develop and then choose between taking the S4 Coupe or waiting maybe another year for the Nuvolari.

The new RS4 we also be in the frame at that time.

choices, choices !!

sidicks

I think it may have been to flash and expencive for Audi, so it does not fit in to the market. Making a mosel to compete with its brother the Lambo may not have been the best idea also because there are bot that many sales in thsi market anyway. pengy.gif