Golf GTi speed

AndrewEdward

I have the good fortune of picking up a new 3dr Black GTi in the next 10 days, even though i had originally ordered a Red 5dr, ah well, i'm sure i'll get used to the Metallic Black...

Anyway, have noticed that What Car? are quoting the 0-60 time for a 3dr GTi as 7.8 sec, whereas the 5dr is down as 7.2, how can this be? They have said their equipment timed this 3dr, but not the 5dr, so perhaps this is the correct figure for both!!?? To add insult to injury, they are quoting the top speed for the 3dr as 138mph (not that i'll ever get near that you understand, lol). Every other car magazine quotes 7.2, or better. Have we all been fooled do you think??

FIREdevil.gif

No. Probably an inept driver tested it or a mistake. Some of the mags have had the DSG at around 6.5 secs and as low as 6.2 (I think). There are not that many gear changes up to 62mph so I wouldn't expect the manual to be far behind 169144-ok.gif

Sometimes they'll test a 3dr or 5dr and then print this result. They'll then print the manufacturers own figures for the other as they can't claim their own figures as accurate (if they haven't carried out the test on that exact model) 169144-ok.gif

or it's inputed by a lazy PA who couldn't give a feck.

Ive got a Red GTi Mk5 and happen to live in germany, about a mile from an AutoBahn...Ive only had it 2 weeks and when bringing it back from the uk i managed 161 mph and it had some left in it and i can also say that it will get to 60 a fraction over 6 seconds...An excellent car so much fun to drive too