Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dangermouse

My 18' Wheel Dilema!

10 posts in this topic

i have had my gti has been ordered since the start of march from my local dealer. cant wait to get it.

red, 3 door, front centre armrest, highline computer, winterpack. should get it about week 23.

it is currently ordered with the 17s - have never seen the 18s before recently and they look ace!

spoke to my dealer and he said if i changed my order to 18s it will probably take considerably longer for me to get my car!!

can anyone confirm this??

Big dilema!!!

leave it as it is and get it prob end of may or change it to the 18s (whcih look ace) and have to wait longer. grrrr!

To be honest I have no idea but,

FFS they are wheels!! how long will it take to change them?

I reckon if I used haste I could probably change all the wheels on my car with the crappy stock jack in under half an hour. SAUER0421.GIF

Take it wothout the 18inch and change them with aftermarhet BBS.Something like CH or RS-GT.They look better... 169144-ok.gif

post-8107-137914302861_thumb.jpg

I've got the 17s on my order, but I've been considering changing to the 18s. Just spoke to the dealer, who said the 18s would probably set the build date back considerably. He was going to check it by trying to enter the change on his computer, but it turned out that they've now allocated an actual build date for the car, and therefore I can't change it. So I'm a bit disappointed, but also excited that the car is pretty much on its way now.

If the 17s make it look too ordinary, I can always sell a kidney and buy some 18s from the accessories department. Until that happens, I'm going to keep reminding myself that I've saved enough money to make regular Optimax fill-ups more bearable. Also, I'm less likely to be found curled up on the pavement, shouting and crying as I pick bits of kerb off my chipped 18" alloys.

Still want them, though... I can live without the Highline computer, but the wheels would've been nice. Nuts. frown.gif

If you have no confirmed build date you can change the spec as musch as you want, but my dealer has told me last week when I went to get some more top up oil that some of the delays are due to the 18'' alloys and the dsg. So if you do want it sooner than later stick with the 17'' but I do have to say the 18'' really sets the car off have a look at my post a few weeks ago and other with 18'' they look dam good. If you carn't wait then do what the others have said and sell the 17'' and get some aftermarket alloys your choice!

As I said, I've got a confirmed build date now. So it's no longer a decision I can make. It's still going to be a considerable improvement over my current car, so I'm sure I'll get over it.

Hi

just to say i changed my order yesterday to the 18' alloys as well

dealer and vw customer service were pretty vague as to if and how it would affect delivery time - might not even affect it at all!

anyway supposed to get it end of may/start of june - cant wait!!!!

Why not order with standard 17" Alloys and then buy some of these instead after delivery? 169144-ok.gif

post-3262-137914303923_thumb.jpg

whats the difference in the hiline computer and normal computer?