is white a no no for a porsche

helfinger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

i was just wondering what your thoughts were on white porsches. Are they worth a lot less etc? Is it not a good idea to buy a white one?

[/ QUOTE ]

horrible, effectively yes, no respectively

Carrera RS only and even then I'm not a fan

sk - were you ordering for yourself or are you P Diddy's PA? tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

White is one of the easiest colour to maintain compared to black/red/yellow/etc. A clean white car stands out more than any other car it's parked with esp after you washed it. My car was painted in one of the best white avail, Lexus's White Crystal (pearl effect paint) and I never get anything other than compliments on how nice it looks in daylight.

So white porsche (yes even boxster) looks great provided it have the correct shade of white.

• 8 months later...

I was in my local OPC and they now have a white Cayman and it looks FAB! They are however getting the wheels painted white as well - which I dont think will look so good!

I figure unless you have a 911 type car white is not worth having when you come to sell!

Each to their own though! the OPC was saying they have a few orders for white being processed at the moment.

I think white is the new silver!

Tone

• 4 weeks later...

Saw a White 987 Boxster S with Black Leather at my OPC a few months back and it looked absolutely STUNNING.

There is also a White Cayman S on the Porsche website for sale at the moment,it has red wheels which not a fan of but it looks very good in the pictures.

I would love a Carrera White or a Guards Red Boxster/911 as its different to all the slightly different shades of silver,blacks and greys.

Why don't people live a bit and take a risk!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Saw a White 987 Boxster S with Black Leather at my OPC a few months back and it looked absolutely STUNNING.

There is also a White Cayman S on the Porsche website for sale at the moment,it has red wheels which not a fan of but it looks very good in the pictures.

I would love a Carrera White or a Guards Red Boxster/911 as its different to all the slightly different shades of silver,blacks and greys.

Why don't people live a bit and take a risk!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking to the salesman at my OPC and he was saying white is a lovely colour but he wouldnt risk his own £35k trying to sell one!

I am tempted! It would certainly get noticed and mine would be cleaned before I went out in it always!!

Tone

While searching for my Boxster I came across a white one, an ex Porsche GB one, on an 05 plate with extras costing some £59k new.

It was for sale for £42k and only 7 months old with 9k on the clock.

I was too late and the car had gone..... would I buy new - no, would I buy one like I described, the a big YES.

You have to see one to appreciate one.

White is the new Black.

cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well at the mo we have two Black cars! Thinking more and more towards getting a white boxster with blue hood/blue interior!

What you reckon?

Tone

[/ QUOTE ]

think it would look awful and I would never buy it (and many would think the same so it would be hard to sell and you'd get raped on trade in)

but if you like it buy it, waht's the point of asking others on such as subjective matter - just go in with your depreciation eyes open

white is not the new black, black will continue to be popular whereas white is this year's fashion and I' not sure how long it will last

Adam - does the GT3 in white not work either?

I have seen 2 white boxters (987/s) and they both looked outstanding - they were clean of course - but from the limited research I have done you stand alone so far in condeming it! I am certainly not having a go for your POV but am interested in thoughts.

Cheers

Tone