Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dazdot

Collecting Gti

12 posts in this topic

Im collecting my Gti on Wed 6th, as this is the first new car i have ever bought i thought i would ask for any pointers, advice or questions i should ask before handing over my hard earned money. Thanks for reading and for any advice given.

Tornado red, 5 door leather and cd changer/arm rest.

Well, you've beaten me by a week or so, lol..

1) Make sure you check over ALL the car before you sign over any cash, etc...(do this by taking a sheet of the Standard Spec with you and check tick all that's supposed to be there)

2) If i were you, i'd pay the £25.00 odd per month to cover Servicing, maintenance and tyres, better than having to forl out when those times come

3)Don't had over cash/sign everything until you're fully satisfied..

Most importantly, ENJOY!!!

Thanks for your reply, i know from my test drive that i am going to enjoy this car. Without a shadow of a doubt the best drive i have ever had. smile.gif

What are the specs ? when did you order it ? I'm still waiting for mine...

Tornado red, 5 door leather and cd changer/arm rest. No need to order, i phoned around about 30 VW dealers until i found one in stock and with the spec i wanted. Big phone bill but hopefully worth it in the end. Roll on wednesday. laugh.gif

Be sure to check over the paint very carefully. when I collected my R32 last year there were a few small oily spots on the roof and bonnet. I suspect they came from the vehicle above it when on the transporter, but it doesn't forgive the bloke who PDi'd the car, should have spotted em. This was on Diamond Black Pearl too. Also look for tiny "Swirl" marks in the lower doors, especially on a non metalic with no laquer. Ensure the Overmats are in place also. Other than that... ENJOY smile.gif

Thanks for all the replies. With all these things to check for it looks like i will be there all day.

No i didnt get a discount, got a pretty good price for my px and have only had to wait 2 weeks (registration doc's etc) instead of the normal 8 - 20 weeks, so that makes up for it in my eyes.

As from tomorrow, the proud owner of a 5 door Tornado red Gti with leather and cd changer.

ive to wait 20 weeks for mine tornado red all options apart sunroof

Ordered in Nov and still waiting for my 5 dr with DSG....... Getting a bit boring now. ZZZ.gif

evosapper

Did you go through a broker or straight to the dealer? As if its the dealer they're taking the p!ss a bit. 3dr DSG ordered on 15th Jan, build date is next week (fingers crossed).

It was a dealer, and i've now been told it's been built and is waiting for a boat as I type, so 2 weeks and that should be that. I think the dealer may be throwing in a speaker upgrade, although he doesn't know it yet!!