Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fatcat

Keeping up with the S cars

15 posts in this topic

Yeah right...... !

Just an update on the track day yesterday, but from a diesel perspective....

Well, as expected I was the only smoker there, one of the few bog standard cars there actually.

The track was dry and the temperature never got much above 9 degress. The cars were lined up randomly and out you went 6 at a time for about 15 minutes track time.

CC is quite hard on the brakes, my EBC greenstuffs performed faultlessly, no fade at all. On the main straight the big boys were reaching anything from 120 -140mph, this is where the ol gal let me down, I could only achieve 110mph at the most. On the twisty bits the car performed much much better, at times reeling in nearby S3's and the odd S4, one thing did let the car down and that was the suspension set up, much too soft, check out the piccies in the gallery and see the car roll !

Most of the time I stayed in 4th maxing out at 4.5k revs at about 95mph, only changing into 5th on the main straight.

Once the car gets chipped and I sort the suspension out, it should give the S3 boys a run for their money.

All in all a very good day, quite a few people there yesterday was quite surprised that the diesel performed as well as it did.

joy all round. jump.gif

*Ahem*..... ... Can't really say anything to get myself outta THAT one now, can I? smashfreakB.gif

It must be all the SMOKE6.GIF

beerchug.gif

the_finger.gif

WOW, I expected much worse grin.gif

You Oil Burners may smell funny, but I gotta give it to ya, you're polite ECLIPSe.gif

beerchug.gif

Oh yeah, I I thunk up an excuse......

... You see, British English is my 2nd language, therefore, I didn't quite understand his sig. blush.gifsmashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I I thunk up an excuse......

... You see, British English is my 2nd language, therefore, I didn't quite understand his sig. blush.gifsmashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

All you had to do was READ it.......... znaika.gif

Do you have 'schools' in america, you may have been at one b'tween the ages of 5 and 18 ! wink.gif

Keep up the good work Drill beerchug.gifjump.gif

I thought it was more of a case of 'getting in the way of the S cars' wink.gif:Pfuck_scott.gif

Drillbob i am not a [censored] oil burner alright, i may be in the forum but i am not, take it back or i will take you back!!

Woooooooooooo, Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!

post-1352-137914243466_thumb.jpg

Easy Dude, I said the Oil Burners were "POLITE" see... I excluded you, so no probs, right? smile_smoking.gif

beerchug.gif

I took my '97 Passat TDI to the autocross instead of my 914 Porsche. Just for fun, you know. They put me in H Stock. The slowest catagory. There was a SS Impala, 5000 Audi, Saab 9 somethin', and most every kind of sedan there.

When they annouced my name and car, they even let out a chuckle when they said "Diesel Passat".

Got real quite when I turned the best time. Second round, even better time, best of lot. Third run, still best time.

I had much more low end grunt to get off the corners. I now have 202,000 miles on it and am getting 49+ mpg at 70-75mph. The best mileage on a tank has been 918 miles.

Now if they would only put the TDI in a Quattro A4 and sell it over here in the States!

notworthy.gif