Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
simontelfer

R32 delay information

8 posts in this topic

Just spoke to local dealer again.

There is a problem with R32 delivery, all R32's are impacted, but VW want to sort it quickly.

They have stated (and the dealers are getting in writing) if a car is not delivered within 16 weeks of order date (the day they enter the order and final spec) then they will provide you with a hire/loan car until it is delivered.

My order date was 10th Feb (week 7), with delivery 12 weeks later (May 5th), if I don't have it by week 23 (June 2nd) then they loan me something, which is just as well as I have sold my other car privately and the missus will be getting a bit fed up.

Better than nothing, but since I hove sold a Smart as a deposit its probably worth the wait......

Ihave ordered mine through improt with a provisional build date close to the end of April. Do you think this will efect my order?

No idea, check with your importer..... but if it is a production problem then it will impact all cars ....

If you order through Sport Import and you have been given a build date that subsequentally slips, then we arrange for VW to sort a hire car for you. (Some conditions apply like amount of delay, but we've never put this into practise as all orders have been on time).

Colin i am starting to wish i ordered through you, i probably would have but the last time i looked at the site befroe now you were just offering TT's and S3's. I almost got an S3 from you though. Small World beerchug.gif

Thanks for thinking about us! I get a lot of emails from disatisfied customers of other importers asking for help. The basis of my business is that I get 10% off the German list price for VW Audi and pass all that on to the customer, charge £395 for the process and completed paperwork pack. The dealer is on 3% so effectively you can buy the cars at factory price plus 3% plus £395 which is just about the cheapest around. Prices fluctuate with the Euro but unfortunately other importers don't tell you this and just whack on a surcharge at delivery time.

A lot of importers with high overheads will be going out of business this quarter which will unfortunately give the industry a bad name. Crossing my fingers the fallout won't be so bad.

Colin

I have to say I am very impressed with the responses from SportImport. Quick and clear quotatioms with plenty of extra information to make things clear. I will be ordering a Golf R32 through you next week. grin.gif

AZ

ooo What colour are you going to be looking at? Good choice though, i think i havent even driven one yet... grin.gif