News on new Lexus Models

CarMad

Latest from the car mags says that they are planning an A3 rival within the next 5 years.

Plus a Diesel to go head to head with the BMW 330 to go into the IS / GS and possibly LS. More hybrid performance models to be launched with the GS first. The IS is not going to go hybrid but will have more diesel engines.

On the IS they will also release an Estate in the coming years but probably not a cab or coupe as yet.

They are also still considering the Lexus super car, might have a V10 and may be influenced on the concept.

All in all this is Lexus first real European launch now that they are a global brand in all countries including Japan, expect a big challenge to German cars on all fronts including looks and from the GS and IS already launched things are certainly hotting up at last. Throw in great relability, great equipment and amongst the best safety and build of any manufacture I would bet they are going to take a lot more market share in the future. 169144-ok.gif

I get the impression CarMad that your a keen Lexus fan..have to say I am myself.. Do youremember the Lexus concept years ago, a three door hatch with all the kit?

As far as the V10 super car is concerned I hope they pring it out as a GT to go up against the likes of Maserati etc.. and use the same chassis for Toyota Skyline GTR basher thats a bit more hardcore..

grin.gif Guilty as charged. Yep ever since the LS400 came out in 89 to shake up and wake up all luxury car makers I have been a fan. I think the previous IS200 was a great car, I had one for almost 4 years.

With the might of Toyota behind them and a brand in their own right, plus a European design centre now and I really think they will be a force in the future.

I think in the past German cars were the best for quality, but Lexus have in my opinion ripped that rule book up. Dealers are in a league of their own in comparison and build quality / panel gaps and the overall experience is better than most even now. The looks haven't been the best on most models but if that changes as it seems to be they will be a threat.

At the launch event for the 3 Series I spoke to the product release planner and he said that he feared Lexus more than anyone else in Europe speaks volumes to me.

And they are the largest premium car maker in the world 169144-ok.gif Toyota could buy the entire VW group with just a years profits, says it all really. cool.gif

I had a seat in the new GS over at the Geneva motor show, they had the new IS there too but not for bums to sit in seats.. Looked awesome.. proportions were perfect.. The interior is a massive step up from the last IS even though that wasn't at all bad..

I too remember when I friend of my Dad's came round to show us his new LS400 I think it was 1990, it was white and the steering wheel moved out of the way when he got in and out of the car, the 'glow dials' were a lovelty too.. great car, but your right teh style has been missing, its been the only thing missing and hopefully that gap has been filled, judging by the new IS and GS430 I think they have.

I managed to pursuade a friend to get an LS400 nearly new after it was launched to get him out of Jags and all sorts. We test drove 3 other rivals at the time and it was a country mile ahead he had to get one. He has had 3 now and currently drives an LS430. I have been fortunate to put a fair few miles on them all, (Even sub 25 but had 1000 excess) and they are great cars to drive. Who wants to through a big luxury car around aka 7 series and had ride A8 anyway, not most business men I know. Know what you mean about the steering wheel, lots have since copied it and many other features, but everyone thinks Lexus is the one to copy. Only bad looks up to now maybe.

Think my pennies are going to be saved for an IS250 me thinks, need to get back into multi cylinder motoring. The A3 Sportback is very good, just doesn't make the tune that I want from it really. beerchug.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I get the impression CarMad that your a keen Lexus fan..have to say I am myself..

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are supposed to have this conversion in a garage quick-e-mart type place, with a geordie behind the counter.

Lexii. Ah ha! SMOKE6.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

sportifs2.gif Be off with ya man before we get a knife to yu soft top grin.gifslap.gif