RNS-E For My A4

I am about to buy an RNS-E for my A4 and have it installed at work, reason being is that I can put it through the comapany, thus saving VAT and PAYE, at £1299 with warranty I will save quite a bit.

If I do have it installed will the navigation arrows show on my dash even though I have not got the DIS installed?

How easy is it to have DVD or TV options added and roughly how much are they?

I would appreciate any help as I am about to proceed today with the order.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be wrong (usually am) but I do not think you will get any dash display without DIS installed. Think the Audi audio Sat Nav system has the upgraded colour dis to display the nav images more clearly, so you may even need to go for one of those.

[ QUOTE ]

Might be wrong (usually am) but I do not think you will get any dash display without DIS installed. Think the Audi audio Sat Nav system has the upgraded colour dis to display the nav images more clearly, so you may even need to go for one of those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you mean when you say Audi Audio Sat nav, the unit I am looking at having installed is the Sat nav + DVD thingimibob, all singing all dancing, does that mean that there will only be the arrows on the 7" tft screen with the voice over.

[ QUOTE ]

that mean that there will only be the arrows on the 7" tft screen with the voice over.

[/ QUOTE ]

you'll see the arrows on the DIS too, if you install it correctly. but if your're current DIS is mono, the arrows will be displayed mono.

[ QUOTE ]

He's saying he doesn't have DIS at all at the moment Chav

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be a problem then?

The nav sends the info direct to the instrument cluster display via the CANBUS.

So in theory the nav instructions will show up on the display...

However, if he can't change what is currently displayed (with the indicator stalk button that comes as part of the DIS), it may be on permanent or never at all?

I really wish I had opted for DIS but my car was a pre-order and came without it.

I have just spoken to the company that are going to come and install the RNS-E and they are saying that it comes with TMC, is this correct and if so how good/effective is it.

Thanks for the help, your input is helping me decide about forking out a wedge of cash (from the sale of http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...%3AIT&rd=1)

Radio Navigation System - Version E

The last one was D, one before that C etc. etc.

The install can be done by yourself in under 15 mins, don't pay to have it done.

I have just bought a unit inclusing adapters for the iso, aerials, gps antenna and a 2005 disc for just under £700. I will pass on the info when I get the unit and it is installed and working fine.

I take it for £1300 you are buying it from Audi as a part?

Regarding not having DIS on your car then I don't think you will get the info up in the cluster, you need to switch between dis info and nav info using the button on the bottom of the stalk, if you don't have this then I can't see you having the nav info. I think that is you try and configure a car and add nav it makes you add the dis.

But well worth having even without this feature, great system.

gIzzE - been watching a few auctions on ebay.de but can't get no satisfaction that the units are all ok and not a rip off. Did your kit come from this resource or do you have a secret contact. Really appreciate some tips or contact details. Happy to spend same if not more than you did.

Thanks

I was given someones name who has a few on ebay.de, I asked him for a price and came back with a price for a single unit and a price on 5 units. I said that if the unit arrived OK I would be able to move a few for him so he did it a little cheaper.

I may well get ripped off, but I guess you have to trust people, but that is always my downfall frown.gif

If the unit turns up I am more than happy to pass his details on, and if it doesnt I will post his details all over the net wink.gif

In theory i am not paying £1299 for the navigation as I will be getting a VAT recipt and putting it through the company, therefore I will get tax relief on it, ' 'As it is being used for business'

so the £1299 then becomes;

£1071.67 before VAT

and

£696.58 before PAYE.

So I am getting a system installed at my work place today with a 12 month warranty , no risk and a full manual, disc, antenna etc.

I though this would be the best way of doing it as it lowers the risk and is acutally sort of the same cost if I had bought from e-bay, minus the guarantee

I am having a RNS-E installed in my A4 today and I am looking for the best mobile phone car kit bluetooth or fixed.

I have just posted the above on the incar entertainment forum and was wondering if any of you guys could help with a system that enabled the phone to be fully integrated into the RNS-E.

I am aware of audi doing such a system as i have the RNS-E brochure where it shows a wicked system that even shows the caller's name on the screen of the nav

any ideas?

[ QUOTE ]

In theory i am not paying £1299 for the navigation as I will be getting a VAT recipt and putting it through the company, therefore I will get tax relief on it, ' 'As it is being used for business'

so the £1299 then becomes;

£1071.67 before VAT

and

£696.58 before PAYE.

So I am getting a system installed at my work place today with a 12 month warranty , no risk and a full manual, disc, antenna etc.

I though this would be the best way of doing it as it lowers the risk and is acutally sort of the same cost if I had bought from e-bay, minus the guarantee

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds good, it is a great system, enjoy!