Cost to run a ferarri??

DHA

Looking at between £30-60k to purchase. The 3 Ferrari's I have dealt with in the last month all had bills showing typical £5-6k year service bills. Plus the insurance and petrol at 20mpg. I reckon you will be looking at £20k to £30k a year all in if you borrow the money over 5 years.

A lot of money for a piece of metal? I think supercars are for people who don't even worry what money is. Like they say "if you have to ask...."

From what I remember things like Cam belts and clutches seem to be engine out and £££££...but there are a few specilists who are much cheaper, may be worth a call to them see what they say on servicing etc...theres 1 at Brands Hatch....think the Porkers are a better bet, they never seem to lose much money, wish I had to make such difficult choices

They just dont do it for me. I just think poor build qulaity on Italian cars.

Have you ever seen the gaps on the doors of a F-40 you can get your fingers in the gaps and you can see the carbon fibre weave through the paint on the body work. I am always disapointed also when I see the inside of a Ferrari.

Perhaps I am misisng the point, I dont know give me a 996 Turbo any day or a GT 2 or GT 3.

Wasnt there a Japanese bloke in Evo mag who ran a 355 spider for a year or two? He did treat it quite rough, taking it on track days and so on but I used to gasp at the *monthly* bills he had. Alot went wrong with it.

They really are for people who dont worry about money...

[ QUOTE ]

I'm an inch away from swapping mine for a 911 T..

[/ QUOTE ] go on, you know you want it!!!

hey Daves (yeah, DHA and DAVE)

why don't you guys go for a 993 TT

(twin turbo) (or a GT2 or Cupracer or ...)

best 911 ever made!!!

you know it makes sense

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway Dave, you're too young. You'd better learn to spell Ferrari before you consider buying one

[/ QUOTE ]

Colin, the new stand numbers have me all over the shop so you will have to excuse the spelling!

Blue, id love a 993 Turbo but im not keen on the interior would need to see one up close as the only 993 i have been in was with green leather every where so didnt give me a good first impression

[ QUOTE ]

yup he went from a crazy bhp skyline to the ferrai....ummm david yu or sommit me thinks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - David Yu. He ran a 355 Spyder for over 2 years, and had a lot of work done on it. In all fairness, a lot of the horrendous monthly costs were "extras" like exhausts, tyres and a remap, rather than core servicing costs. Also, his 355 has the distinction of being the only car he's owned since he started writing for the mag that hasn't blown up. He's destroyed 2 skylines (an R32 and an R33), and his Suzuki Cappucino just blew up, too. How? I haven't the faintest clue... beerchug.gif respect due for that, though... beerchug.gif

The 355 even survived a complete coolant loss on a motorway SAUER0421.GIF (radiator hose came adrift after a track-day) without major engine trouble. The general impression was the core mechanicals of the car are pretty solid, but you need to maintain them carefully and that costs plenty... Personally, (as if I'll ever get the chance to prove this) I'd prefer a Porsche to a Ferrari any day of the week! lol.gif

993 turbos are about £60K, but they only come in manual, before i get a slating i would probably get a auto in a turbo after the clutch problems in my boxster.

The clutch assembly is the same in the box and the 996 and as my first one failed at 8000 miles and the second only lasted 1200 miles im not to confident in them - hence the auto route

Supercars are fine and dandy - if I had to have another it would be another 911 as they are not too expensive to keep and tend to have bombproof mechanicals - I've had 3 in total and driven them all like a loony! Ferrari on the otherhand I'd avoid have thought about one before and have even driven a few but the maintenence is just not worth it. Because it's such a highly stressed non-turbocharged engine the car is more or less destroying itself as you drive it - hence why a major belts service is more of a £12K engine out rebuild...... not good! Porsche servicing to me was on a par with the costs of servicing my RS4 so wasn't too bad. For both Porsche and Ferrari the dealers were arseholes though! grin.gif