Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lagrian

GTi Discounts from VW Dealer

13 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if anyone bought from a VW dealer and what discount they managed to get.

I am beginning to wonder if I should of haggled more, the dealer and I have agreed on a £300 discount on what was a £24040 setup. I did the normal and got carried away after a test drive! Both dealers I went to obviuosly said you won't get much of a discount on these cars, I think I believed them too easlily

Have I been stung ! and could I still get more of a discount ?

What did anyone else manage ?

I went round loads of dealers back in feb when I ordered and could get no discount whatsover. Some online brokers at the time were offering some discount but quoting August delivery at the earliest so I ended up ordering from my local stealer.

I did manage to get a lot more for my trade in than what I had been offered elsewhere though.

Thats comforting to know,I couldn't sleep at night, a friend of mine was claiming he got £1800 off his but I suspected he was bending the truth a little.

Thanks

Bought mine with no discount whatsoever, so if you're a chump then i'm an unber-chump.

I got £750 when ordered in Dec, plus they agreed a free courtesy car if it came late (the original delivery being set for 29 Jan...yer right!). I took some internet print outs from Broadspeed and some other broker down and they pretty much matched that and I felt happier delaing with the local dealer rather than some unheard of and far distant broker. I picked it up last week, in conversation, the dealer said that they were no longer giving discounts at all.

[ QUOTE ]

Thats comforting to know,I couldn't sleep at night, a friend of mine was claiming he got £1800 off his but I suspected he was bending the truth a little.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

same as a number of people here who claim they have got c.£1,500+ off a mk 5 GTI but somehow never name the dealer or been in a position to prove the huge discount claimed when asked to...

make of that what you will... 169144-ok.gif

I was contemplating buying a GTi for ages before finally taking the plunge in February.

Back in Novemeber, brokers like drive the deal were offering nearly 11% discount.

Back at the end of February Reg Vardy in Leicester were offering 5% but with uncertain delivery timescales (circa August at the time). In the end I got 6.5% at Lookers in Teeside with buld week 22 - but this was nearly 2 months ago.....

As this year's allocation gets sold out I should think that discounts (as you've now found) will be even harder to come buy.

Exactly, to be honest I think I believed the salesman because he had some very good points , there's a huge demand for the GTI and we all know costs are wieghed up against demand, why would they give huge discounts right now.

But willing to be proved wrong

Try taking a quote from Carfile to a coupe of dealers. It worked for me in January and saved me £1,100. Now let's hear from all you £1,500+ savers out there!

Lets not go down this one again, as we all know from previous posts a few white lies were used and a full on slanging match happened. What we all know is that we have brought these cars because we liked them and if we got a discount or not it don't matter as we are all enjoying our new motors to the full so I personally don't give a **** what savings were made but more in how we are enjoying them !!!!. Just my opionion on this one if you want to see if people got a saving then check back a few weeks and you will see what it started!

[ QUOTE ]

Lets not go down this one again, as we all know from previous posts a few white lies were used and a full on slanging match happened. What we all know is that we have brought these cars because we liked them and if we got a discount or not it don't matter as we are all enjoying our new motors to the full so I personally don't give a **** what savings were made but more in how we are enjoying them !!!!. Just my opionion on this one if you want to see if people got a saving then check back a few weeks and you will see what it started!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that one. I received no discount and am not bothered, alright granted the money would be better in my account but look at the demand for them, u aint gonna get a good discount but what u will get is lots of fun and enjoyment in a new GTI. When u get ur car u wont be disappointed with it and u wont give the discount a second thought when u are driving it trust me.

Spot on, never heard of or seen a dealer £1500 discount! I got offered a £500 discount as I'd purchaed my wifes car last year from the same dealer however decided not to wait the 12-18 weeks or take the discount and got my hands on the only 5 door black pearl with leather & CD arm rest I could find - getting it Saturday smile.gif

l managed to get a 5% discount in feb, still waiting for car though, build date week 19... ECLIPSe.gif