Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cd8

Cheap Mk 5 GTI?

8 posts in this topic

Hello.

What do you all think about importing a Golf GTI from Europe?

Select Automotive do the 3dr DSG, full UK spec on the road, for £18,300 and the extras are much cheaper, e.g. £343 for the sound pack upgrade. One drawback is the warranty is only for 2 years. I'm tempted............

[ QUOTE ]

I'm tempted............

[/ QUOTE ]

but buyers won't be when you come to sell it. Its up to you, pay less now but get less when you come to sell it. I'd rather buy locally from a good dealer and establish a relationship with them myself

Dan

I'd agree with what Dan said..plus you can guarantee that it is for a factory order and you won't see it for 6 months...

You could always my GTI right now of course (in the classifieds...shameless plug ROLLEY~14.GIF)

Gareth.

They quote a 12-16 week delivery time, so not bad if true.

How much more do imports devalue over 3 years compared to UK cars and why are they less desirable if indistinguishable from UK cars in all but the paperwork?

There is a good chance you will see little difference in depreciation unless you sell within the 3 yrs as you wont have the warenty a UK car does.

One thing I would say that Dan suggests is'buy from a good dealer' - not as easy as it sounds........

[ QUOTE ]

I'd rather buy locally from a good dealer and establish a relationship with them myself

[/ QUOTE ]

We are talking about VW aren't we! yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'd rather buy locally from a good dealer and establish a relationship with them myself

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dealerships are franchises so of course you're going to get variable service, its all down to the people in charge. My local dealership is actually pretty great, a number of enthusiasts there who always come and chat to me about my mk2 when I take it in, a good service manager, good salespeople, parts department that give me 10% loyalty discount every time, yes I'm very happy with my dealership.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, nice one 169144-ok.gif