Audi Symphony radio hidden features

resh28

found some info for symphony radio/cd type

Speed-sensitive Volume Control Information

The following is the procedure on how to access the Speed-sensitive auto-volume compensation display.

1. Turn off radio.

2. While pressing and holding the Preset 2 button, turn on radio.

3. The display shows how many decibels the SVC has increased the volume. This is a display-only mode. You cannot change any settings.

4. When you are done, turn off radio, then turn it back on for normal operation.

Hidden Equalizer

The following is the procedure on how to access and adjust the "hidden" equalizer feature in the Audi Symphony radio.

Turn off radio.

While pressing and holding the Preset 5 button, turn on radio.

You'll see a series of 8 digits displayed. From the factory, it's set to "55555555". You will not hear any sound when running in this mode.

The first four digits correspond to the four equalizer bands (low, low-mid, upper-mid, high) for the front speakers, and the last four digits are the same for the rear speakers. The level can be set from 1 (minimum) to 9 (maximum).

Turn the volume control knob to increase or decrease the level for the band (which is blinking). To advance to the next band, press the P.Scan button.

When you are done, turn off radio, then turn it back on to hear the results. On some versions of the Symphony, you must also cycle the ignition key to hear the results.

WARNING: Use the information at your own risk. I do not provide any guarantee of its accuracy and cannot be held responsible for any damages.

jump.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know why my Concert radio in my A3 has suddenly started to not respond with the ignition key? As in when you turn off the ignition and take the keys out, the radio stays on. You have to manually turn the radio off. This is getting very annoying!!! smashfreakB.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I've set up the SVC, not much use though, In my car the road noise doesn't really start getting loud until over 100mph, the SVC starts compensating at around 70-80mph, this is too low, so it gets louder too low and not loud enough when you're going faster.

• 2 weeks later...

When I tried to use the AVC it didn't seem to make any difference - I guess that expected it to come into play well before you got to 70 or 80 mph - Surely that's over the speed limit, so it's only useful when you are travelling abroad znaika.giflol.gifyelrotflmao.gif

sidicks