Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GTiMK5

Anyone colour coded a silver GTI yet?

18 posts in this topic

Seriously considering having the parts on my new GTI that they forgot to paint colour coded. Colour is reflex silver. Was wondering if anybody has had this done already in silver and if they have any phots.

I have seen a red one and black one, black looked good but I dont think it suited the red one. I have also seen phots of other Mark V golfs with body kit in silver which looked alright but not a GTI.

What do u guys think it will look like, I know everyone has their personal tastes but would be good to get a general concensus before I go ahead and do it.

Personally I say leave it. It not only looks better but harks back to earlier golf GTIs like that also had large unpainted black plastic bumper areas. Its part of what makes the GTI a great car with a heritage rather than just a great car, in my opinion beerchug.gif

I agree with Dan.

At first I liked the pic of the Red car that had been painted but after consideration I think it's actually a backward step. This is looks wise and for day to day practicality IMO.

But if you want to do I'm sure there are people out there only too pleased to take your money 169144-ok.gif

I didn't like the pics of the red one that someone posted either, made it look like a base model and lost some of the "GTI-ness", but each to their own

[ QUOTE ]

Also wouldn't it add weight ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry; you can counteract the gained weight by removing the bottle opener from the cup-holder. Alternatively, remove a 10p coin from your pocket and place it on the drive before driving off.

If you can't imagine what it would look like, post a pic or two and myself or another P'Shop wizz will retouch it and re-post it for you. You don't say which areas you are thinking of coding? 169144-ok.gif

Tian I have posted some pictures of my Laser Blue golf could you give that your magic touch

cheers Nick

wooo chill , sorry didn't realise you're painting the plastic.

I haven't modded a car in my life.

[ QUOTE ]

If you can't imagine what it would look like, post a pic or two and myself or another P'Shop wizz will retouch it and re-post it for you. You don't say which areas you are thinking of coding? 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tian, mine are posted on here mate, link below. Would be grateful if you could do that for me please mate.

Cheers.

http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/404726/an/0/page/1#404726

Da daaa.

Bit of a quick job, feeling bushed from working too hard today. Silver is a bugger to do too. 169144-ok.gif

touchsilverb.jpg

touchsilverc.jpg

IMO the colour coding looks great with silver, I think I'm getting this done when the new pearl black GTI arrives Friday smile.gif

Tian,

Thanks very much for doing that mate, much appreciated. 169144-ok.gif

Decision time now I think!

Must say I would leave it as it is, think the colour coding makes the back end of the car look huge.

It ends up looking like a GLS instead of a GTI, IMHO