Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CRJ_1

MkV GTi Fuel

4 posts in this topic

I saw a few guys previously discussing Optimax and the best fuel to use with a MkV GTi. Does anyone know which grade of fuel is used to achieve manufacturers 0-60 times and any real life performance feedback from GTi owners would be cool.

Thanks.

I would imagine the fuel used would be European Super Unleaded or 98RON. It should say on the inside of your fuel flap the fuel grade to be used - I know some of the R32s had 98ron only.

Hi there, i've only used Optimax in my new Gti, so i can't comment on any lesser fuels. It does say on the inside of the fuel cap 98Ron, so i shall stick with Optimax...

As for performance, sh*t hot, when the roads aren't busy, which is rare these days..

Likewise, I have only used optimax in mine. Dealer said it dindt matter but dont know how true that is. I have done 2000 miles in it, couldnt tell you what mpg I am getting because I dont pay much attention to it because it has no relevance to me, I still have to fill it up when its empty no matter what. I believe that optimax will get you more mpg from a tank though.

As for performance, the magazines detail the 0 - 60 times etc and they use proper set ups to measure this, not sure that in every day driving you will notice much difference. It feels quick, it is quick and you will enjoy it, thats all that matters at the end of the day. 169144-ok.gif