Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SkyBug

Blower Conversions

52 posts in this topic

Anyone know of any or even any in development for the R32?

I have a New Beetle RSi (which was the first car with the R32 drivetrain), and I want some more power!

All info much appreciated!

I've already found Wagner Motorsport, HGP Turbos, VF-Engineering et al, but they all tell me that they can't advise me seeing as they haven't played with the 3.2 V6 engine yet.

For those of you who are frustrated with the power - think how I feel! I've had this car for nearly a year now! laugh.gif

post-1433-137914243559_thumb.jpg

cool car mate!!!

very nice and exclusive!!

and WELCOME ABOARD!!

wanna bring it along to the GTI meeting?

put it on our stand?

pm or mail Fatcat about it

beerchug.gif

Cheers! It is "exclusive" - as far as I'm aware, I'm the only person in the UK with one of these as his daily driver!

I'm kinda new to this manner of forums - how can I find FatCat?

Also - do you mean the GTI international show? If so, we're already going with the New Beetle Club! laugh.gif

If it's not, though - I'll definately come! laugh.gif

I seem to remember reading that there were only something like 750 Beetle Rsi's made confused.gif Funny, 'cause my local dealer has one, new and undriven, for sale.... 70k Euros though suicide.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I seem to remember reading that there were only something like 750 Beetle Rsi's made confused.gif Funny, 'cause my local dealer has one, new and undriven, for sale.... 70k Euros though suicide.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope! Less than that! Mine is number 38 of 250. There were only ever 250 made, 248 were silver, and 2 were metallic blue.

They all have a plaque on the centre tunnel with the number on it.

They were £50K (GBP) new, so the price for a new one in a dealer isn't far off the mark.

Great cars, though - I won't be getting rid of mine in a hurry.... laugh.gif

Nice car Skybug, but that Signature is making me feel dizzy!!!!!!

yelrotflmao.gif

yep it's GTI international,

is your car already on a stand?

cause you would be more than welcome on ours!!!

i'll get lazy fatcat to come out here, will be easier

jump.gif

SkyBug,

How has the interior held up over time? In quality AND do the ergonomics bother you at all? To me it looked (interior) like it'd be real cool at first, but get kinda old and uncomfortable after a while. What do you think?

beerchug.gif

The interior is fine. The seats were "comfortable but at a slightly bizarre angle" I thought when I first bought it, but once you've driven it for a week or so, it feels wierd to be in anything else. Very supportive and good quality.

It's an interesting point to note that having a seat which doesn't allow you to move as the driver means that the car can "handle" a lot better. Usually, trying to corner hard will make the driver back off as they think the car is reaching it's limit. Once you're into a seat like this, that changes as lateral forces on you aren't as noticable, so you can really fling it! laugh.gif

As for "Is it still cool?" - definately. We've just ordered a New Beetle Convertible for my wife, and that seemed a bit "past it" in terms of styling. I think it looks great, and completely haven't got bored (and I do, very easily...) laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

yep it's GTI international,

is your car already on a stand?

cause you would be more than welcome on ours!!!

i'll get lazy fatcat to come out here, will be easier

jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno yet, m8! I'll let you know! laugh.gif

Just FYI - my car was there last year - that's when I bought it. I had the black lowered 1.8T New Beetle on the APR stand. The New Beetle RSi turned up, and I was stunned at the car in the flesh, so I 'signed on the dotted line'.... laugh.gif

HEy Col, good to see you, hopefully when some of the R32 drivers get bored of the power we might see a lot more on this topic - Twin Turbo Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's one at Sparkscars.com for £29k+vat.

Yeah, they're all going for less money now, but unfortunately I'm not buying mine now! laugh.gif

Skybug, out of intrest how fast is the the RSI. Like:

- BHP

- 0-62

- 0-100

- torque

Sorry it is just i have never been able to find these figures. beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Skybug, out of intrest how fast is the the RSI. Like:

- BHP

- 0-62

- 0-100

- torque

Sorry it is just i have never been able to find these figures. beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

BHP = 230.

0-62 = 6.4

0-100 = About 12 seconds I'd say at a guess. Pretty quick, though - the acceleration to 100 is pretty much as strong as the 0-62.

Torque = Not sure about this one either - the figures I've got are in german, stating "165", but that's not lb\ft.

The car is pretty quick, though - we're not talking skyline or anything else here, but certainly quicker than most cars you'd find on the street.

The worst thing about it is the fact that the VW exhaust system obviously strangles the car - low rev acceleration feels choked, but once the sound restriction on the exhaust opens, there is a sudden boost of power which is almost like the kick in of a turbo.

I'm getting the exhaust replaced as soon as poss.... wink.gif

In regards to your torque number, the Germans use nm's (NewtonMeters) but I can't remember the conversion. 165 sounds kinda low though confused.gif Maybe it's the NA thing, cause my 150 hp 1.8T has a max torque of 210 nm's smashfreakB.gif

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's one at Sparkscars.com for £29k+vat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually - don't forget that £29K + vat is £34075 the "+vat" is always a killer....

[ QUOTE ]

In regards to your torque number, the Germans use nm's (NewtonMeters) but I can't remember the conversion. 165 sounds kinda low though confused.gif Maybe it's the NA thing, cause my 150 hp 1.8T has a max torque of 210 nm's

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it sounds very low, in comparison with the R32 in NM it is 320 and lbs.ft it is 236. I dont know what those figures are it must be a german thing confused.gif

Skybug, do you think you could post some pictures of the inside of the car, i have never seen it, please include the seats.

beerchug.gif

i bet skybug is gonna be on our stand!! notworthy.gif

so everyone can see it there

jump.gif

you'll be more than welcome mate and your car won't feel lonely, some quality motor's coming!!

[ QUOTE ]

Skybug, do you think you could post some pictures of the inside of the car, i have never seen it, please include the seats.

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take some interior pix over the next few days....

Blue: grin.gif I've been too busy to sort it out yet - I'll let you know in a bit! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'll take some interior pix over the next few days....

[/ QUOTE ]

jump.gif