Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rich63

2 doors or 4

16 posts in this topic

Hi guys

Ordered my r32 back in feb, opted for the 4 doors, however started to have second thoughts.

Has anyone else opted for 4 doors, if so , why?

Some of the reasons I chose 4 doors are:-

My wife sits in the back, so I don,t have to get out of the car when the she goes shopping, she can't say "well your out now you may as well come in the shops with me".

The kids can puke out of the back windows instead of all over my shoulders.

My mates can open the rear windows before mooning out of the windows, thus I will not have to remove bum imprints from the glass.

The wife can flick fag ash out of her own window, thus avoiding having my right ear singed when driving on bumpy roads.

However, I think the 2 door looks a lot sexier than my old 4 door V5?

With the delays on the leather, there might still be time to change my order UHOH7.GIF

while when you have a 2d all the naked ladies you'll be picking up have to crawl over you to get in the car

all the good looking ones/but not naked have to crawl in whil you stand outside starring at their fine asses

once their in, they're kinda trapped aswell

jump.gif

3 very good reason's to go for 2d

OK, I'm actually being the voice of reason here, so bear with me, it doesn't happen often. Stick with the 4-doors Dude. IMO it looks a touch better, but the main reason is practicality. I have an A3TQ 4-door, and was sceptical (sp?) at first, but over the last 2 years I've come to love it cool.gif I mean, it's easier to get into and out of the back seats, you don't get wear and tear on the front seats from folding them to and fro constantly, it's even a bit easier to park, as the doors are a bit shorter so you can open them a bit wider when in a crowded parking lot smashfreakB.gif Also, electric windows, front AND back FIREdevil.gif Perfect for a lazy bastard such as myself SPericani2.gif

beerchug.gif

I ordered a 4-door for the missus) from the perspective that it's easier for the kids to get in and out of the back with a 4-door.

It also looks a little more subtle than the 2-door version (IMHO).

Had to cancel the order in the end because of cash starvation, but am hoping to be able to pick one up later in the year.

I'd have to go with 2 door. 4 door cars are the chariots of satan himself FIREdevil.gif

And - dude - why does your missus sit in the back? confused.gif

IMHO, I'd go for the 2 door and put up with the issues you might have. I wouldn't buy a car if a 4 door was my only choice!! laugh.gif

Drill just proved a valid point with his pics

it's sreaming: GET A FREAKIN 2door

jump.gif

Cheers for the opinions guys, think i know which way i'll be going now i've seen the pics.

Star bug, in answer to your Q.

A. So that she doesn't frighten old ladies at pedestrian crossings. jump.gif

Hope she doesn't get to read this or she'll have my balls for ear rings! crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry m8, of course I meant Sky Bug............DO!!!!!

iamwithstupid.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol! No worries, mate! grin.gif

After much deliberation, I'm gonna see my dealer tomorrow and see if it's not too late to go 2d, I think Blue's reasons have kinda swung it, besides, just bought the missus a polo, no more shopping, no more puke or fag burns!!!!!! scored lots of brownie points off the missus, so now she'll be happy to clean any bum prints off my back windows

FIREdevil.gif

I had the same dilemma choosing the GT TDi and then the R32. Two doors are the way to go for a sporty car. Next time you are on the road, look at all Golfs and see which you think look more "GTi". It's always the 2 door, in any colour. The shut line looks better placed, the front side windows look better being larger. Just something about a 4 door that spells shopping trolley (sorry Drill).

I havent seen any pictures of the 4 door yet (except a small one in a magazine). Is that not a bit strange becasue if they are on sale it's normal for people to want to see what they are buying?

confused.gif