Bloomin expensive plates.

CabGirl

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of mad prices asked for number plates.

Always remember, asking a figure for a plate doesn't automatically mean it will achieve that figure.

That said, CAT 1 is a good plate. smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

only if you own a really nice jag, or you are called cat. wouldn't look right on the seicento really.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of mad prices asked for number plates.

Always remember, asking a figure for a plate doesn't automatically mean it will achieve that figure.

That said, CAT 1 is a good plate. smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

only if you own a really nice jag, or you are called cat. wouldn't look right on the seicento really.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you worked in the car insurance industry I`m sure you could get away with it regardless of the car it was on smile.gif

I'm not sure why, but I find plates spelling out first names slightly naff.

I can see the attraction of DAV1D, but with unlimited funds I'd much much rather have DB1 (or DB plus any single number).

I'd always prefer initials on a plate rather than a name. As I say, can't really explain why... confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'd always prefer initials on a plate rather than a name. As I say, can't really explain why... confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The air of mystery?

My friends always call me Thorb so I'm always tempted to buy one that says 4 ORB, J40 RBN (James Thorburn) was only £250 when I checked earlier today so I could be tempted.....

[ QUOTE ]

J40 RBN (James Thorburn) was only £250 when I checked earlier today so I could be tempted.....

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't say James Thorburn, it says J40 RBN! smashfreakB.gif

Why not buy M 269 GBM, that doesn't say James Thorburn either! grin.gif

Well my friends took to calling me 4 ORB at school (really, they actually said FOUR ORB), so I would be tempted!

I know its pathetic but about 3 or 4 people would find it funny and thats good enough for me 169144-ok.gif

I doubt JUL1E's name is Jul One Eee either but the owner paid a six figure sum for it so mine seems positively reasonable....

[ QUOTE ]

Why not buy M 269 GBM, that doesn't say James Thorburn either! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm selling packets of 800 screw covers - you get 200 white, 200 yellow, and 400 black, enough to turn any plate in to any other plate. £4.50p plus postage.

[ QUOTE ]

I once saw David Beckham driving out of Old Trafford when he had a Black Ferrari 355 Spyder with the plate DAV 1D.

I believe he still owns the plate but the 355 has been long gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure it was spelt that way? because I guy in Hockley Heath has had DAV 1D on his Bentley for at least 8 years to my knowledge.