Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hopsta

Welcome to the MkV Gti owners

222 posts in this topic

I forgot to say that I originally ordered in November - but changed my spec in February. If feels like I've been waiting forever!

5dr, Tornado Red, DSG, 18's, autochanger & armrest, RPS, Lux Pack 1, Xenons

5 months???!!omg..im gonna die waiting!thanx for the shared pain!!i'll just dream for now...but 5 months!!!...another question...how good is the sat nav option?? (can't wait to find out!!)and also..i ordered 18" alloys...is the ride that bad??cheers

H'lo All

New to the forum & the VW world!!

Cant tell u all how much im loving the GTI, it was definately worth the 3 month wait!!!

With over 330 post this week this place it really taking off 169144-ok.gif

Welcome again to the new members and I hope TSN is keeping the wait for your new cars that much easier!

Hope to see some at one of the meets laugh.gif

Graham

So is there going to be a GTI meet guys?

Hopsta - grrrrrreat site, really helpful 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

....and I hope TSN is keeping the wait for your new cars that much easier!

Graham

[/ QUOTE ]

....Most definitely!! Not only does this forum give those waiting in agony a daily fix but it provides a huge source of valuable information and advice to drivers both before and after delivery. We network and share. My only regret is that I didn't discover TSN earlier! We also have a good laugh too!....Definitely a strong community smile.gif

Is there somewhere I can get a Tyresmoke.net window sticker?

[ QUOTE ]

Is there somewhere I can get a Tyresmoke.net window sticker?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are being sorted out, the longer standing members will tell you that these have been 'in the pipeline' for some time. just think of it like a whole new wait for your GTi yelrotflmao.gif

Graham

Well as a not long-standing member I thought I'd say hello.

Finally made the transition back to VW (my first car was an 895cc Polo - feel the power of the 40 horses!! grin.gif).

Been living with my Gti for a month and half. All I can say is if you're undecided - buy one!! (just be prepared for your door seals to fall off!)

and finally to answer the question in the original post (a Ford Mondeo !!)

WELCOME! Yet another who has taken the plunge and is saying "Come on in! The water's fine!" Truly awesome aren't they? Am still on honeymoon with mine.

So when we going to see some of these GTi's at some meets lads/lasses? EEK2.GIF

Come on, the R32's boys attend in force so its up to you lot to represent the Gti clan! 169144-ok.gif

I keep looking in the meets section but there never seems to be any close by.

How many posts do you have to do in order to be able to attend a meet 169144-ok.gif

You don't have to have any Andy, it's purely just a gathering of petrol heads.

I'm not aware of any meets in Brum, how about starting one up ?

Graham

Anyone ever doing anything in London or close by?

Sam, there's a meet in Chelmsford or Windsor, both are monthly, check out the meets forum for more info.

Graham

Fabulous, when I get my car I will definitely be in attendence

Hi Folks, Thought it was about time I registered as I have been visiting the website since March when I ordered my GTI. My GTI (Tornado Red, Leather, Xenons, Highline and Armrest) arrived on July 4th and I am still loving it and finding any excuse to drive it! Just deciding one my options for sound at the moment but an ICE link seems favourite!

post-10622-137914320291_thumb.jpg

I've been lurking for a while but as yet haven't introduced myself on this thread or thanked Hopsta for his kind welcome. Cheers Hopsta. 169144-ok.gif

I took delivery of my 5dr MKV GTI with DSG in Laser Blue on 3rd August and I am loving it (despite the odd niggle) grin.gif

Previous Cars since 2000:

00 BMW 328Ci

01 Lotus Elise S2

01 Audi A4 1.9Tdi SE

03 BMW Mini Cooper S

03 VW Passat V6 4Motion

05 VW Golf GTI DSG Link to Picture

Hi mine is a Tornado Red 5 door, DSG with sunroof and 6 CD in armrest stacker. Std 17in alloys and interlagos cloth seats. For the New Zealand market we only get the 5 door which are assembled in South Africa. I wanted a 3 door as the look more sporty. Looks like NZ will be saving the 3 door for the new R32. Only fault was that the CD stacker did not work on delivery, and was not picked up by the dealer at the pre delivery inspection. Had to wait 4 weeks for a replacement. Absolutely loving this car, the best I have had. Previous car was a Peugeot 306GTI6, good car, but not a patch on the golf. Only problem is that the GTI runs on 98 octane, which has now just hit NZD 1.64 per litre.

[ QUOTE ]

Previous car was a Peugeot 306GTI6, good car, but not a patch on the golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be good to get a comparative review mate. I always wanted a GTI 6. They were pushing 170hp if i remember rightly, one of the first hatches with 6 gears 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

They were pushing 170hp if i remember rightly, one of the first hatches with 6 gears 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You remember right mate - 167 bhp I think!! Always wanted one of those myself but ended up with a 309 GTI (to save me some pennies!!) Was a great (if ugly) car - a brilliant drive - hoping the Golf puts even more smiles on my face! 169144-ok.gif

Hi, yes 306GTI6 167bhp. Great handling, and well ahead of every other hot hatch of it's time. Main niggle was the horrific turning circle due to the six speed gear box. The handling made up for it though. The golf is 10 years newer design, but also a much better built and more grown up car. I previously had the 8 valve 2ltr XSI, and the step up to the GTI6 was a huge jump in power. It's the same jump in power going from the GTI6 to the Golf.

Hello,my fellow GTI entusiasts!I just thought I'd introduce myself.

I picked up my new 6 speed Diamond Black GTI 3 door on September 1st with a few choice extras as follows:

18" Monzas smile.gif

Xenons smile.gif

Vienna leather smile.gif

Sat-nav including armrest and autochanger smile.gif

Sunroof smile.gif

Winter pack smile.gif

Front and rear speaker upgrade smile.gif

oh,and...

...THE AmD Stage 3 conversion and H&R springs! FIREdevil.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I'm looking forward to shooting the breeze with you guys and ladees,of course!

Good evening.