Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RS4_Barry

Rejoining the Soot Chucker Club

16 posts in this topic

Well sort of have had my 535d Sport for 3 weeks or so now and wow I am totally loving it. The performance is amazing fuel economy is pretty good considering too! The twin turbo set up is superb with a large dollop of torque available from just above idle right the way through to almost 5000rpm - it is like no other diesel I have driven in fact I would compare it's power delivery to that of a big V8 it just goes and goes.... Quickest damn oil burner I've ever driven. It's great going back to a car that pushes rather than pulls although 500lb ft + through the rear wheels can catch you unawares ..... over all it seems a superb quick refined sensible "family" car with almost as many smiles per mile as the RS4. So although it won't enter the 50mpg+ club I reckon it's still a fine diesel motor!

IMGP0102.sized.jpg

IMGP0103.sized.jpg

You jammy fecker barry, that is one sweeeeet motor. Remember to post a review in the reviews section. notworthy.gif

Nice one Barry, welcome back to the fold! How long before its modified? ;-)

Probably about 3 weeks ago knowing barry wink.gif

Nice car fella, our Sales Director has the saloon in the same colour, goes like poo off a shovel i'm told

G

Barry have u had the DMS mod done to your car ?

I pick up my touring in just over a week and after the reviews in Evo/Autocar of the DMS 535d im considering having it done myself.

How do u find the performance of the diesel after coming out of a RS4 ?

I know Rob at DMS pretty well and have driven his car and it is fantastic. The 535d is very very quick as standard and even quicker modified but still can't keep up with the RS4 which incedently I didn't come out of - I like it too much!!

I rang DMS a few days ago about having the mod done . I ve not tried the DMS car but as Evo stated it did the ton in 13.4 and im rather tempted . Do u find the dms mod made a huge difference to gamble on the warranty ?

I have one of these as a weekend car so im trying to get the BMW as fast as possible for work .

418775-Picture246%28600x450%29.jpg

post-7369-137914307614_thumb.jpg

Did either of you BM drivers try an audi with the 3.0tdi v6? prior to purchasing the bmw version?? I'd be interested to hear your comparisons? Plus I am also tempted by the DMS treatment..

Don't think there will be much comparison Lee. The 535D has a newly designed sequential twin turbo system, not to mention 17 inch brakes IIRC!!

You could probably draw a better comparison with say the 530D that has the same 3.0L engine (25% less power though)but without the sequential turbo and uprated brakes/intercoolers etc.

I did drive the A6 3.0TDI and was pretty unimpressed tbh not a patch on the 530d and nowhere near the 535d. The 535d is the fastest diesel I have ever driven and due to its twin seq turbo set up it drives like a big petrol engine (power available from just above idle right they way round to 5000rpm) and does not have the small narrow powerband associated with a traditional turbo diesel - I recommend tryin one it is an awesome machine.

Looks great mate..

what are the published performance specs for the 535d?

Never considered it before!

The twin turbo on the BMW is not the traditional twin turbo affair. It's a smaller one for low revs and larger one for high revs. Plus the Audis are twin intercoolers, and runs the old S4 brakes in the A4. The Audi A6 has the 17 inch brake system if you go for the s-line edition. The A6 runs 225 bhp and a4 205 (same engine detuned), admittedly the BMW has higher Bhp as standard, but Torque is similar, whereas the BM is significantly heavier than the A4. Bmw breaks the 300 barrier with DMS chip, audi hits 275.

So comparisons should be similar. Hardly a 'cart and horse' against a ferrari is it?

Both audis mustering more torque than the M5 & audi 4.2 v8

[ QUOTE ]

I rang DMS a few days ago about having the mod done . I ve not tried the DMS car but as Evo stated it did the ton in 13.4 and im rather tempted . Do u find the dms mod made a huge difference to gamble on the warranty ?

I have one of these as a weekend car so im trying to get the BMW as fast as possible for work .

418775-Picture246%28600x450%29.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

That garage looks familiar wink.gifLiving up to expectations? whats the link for dms? just out of interest coffee.gif