Gutted - build date now first week of June

DanAdams

My build date was mid-May and now is first week of June, this in an order placed end of February. Really really looking forward to this car but the wait is killing me. Thought about ditching the order and sourcing a used one for immediate collection - Had a look on VW's approved used and there are a few GTIs kicking about but none with the spec I want. Anyone know where else I could be looking?

There are a few new ones out there bud, just depends how flexible you are on spec - I started with local dealers are spread my search from there. Milton Keynes and Reading had at least one each a few weeks ago........The problem I found is that if a dealer doesn't have one in stock they will do nothing but order you one. If a dealer has one but not to your spec they may (I said may) swap their GTI to get one from another dealer closer to the spec you want - good luck in your quest!!!

Phone around local dealers and see what they can source. This happened to me, the first dealer I sourced located one within an hour and said they could have it on the road within 3 days. I then phoned my original dealer and told them this and they then sourced one for me within 20 minutes and gave me a better deal.

It wasnt the spec I had originally ordered, if anything it was better so I am happy. If you really want a specific spec then I would wait as you will end up regretting it come middle of June when yours should be built and on its way to the dealers.

Same here too. I ordered mid Feb, originally given week 17 as the build week but it's now at week 21 so should have it sometime in June. The wait is killing me but I'm sure it's worth it, will be a much better feeling picking up a brand new car you've specified than having to compromise.

[ QUOTE ]

My build date was mid-May and now is first week of June, this in an order placed end of February. Really really looking forward to this car but the wait is killing me. Thought about ditching the order and sourcing a used one for immediate collection - Had a look on VW's approved used and there are a few GTIs kicking about but none with the spec I want. Anyone know where else I could be looking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dan

Try this VW dealer, they have the following for sale;

5 dr GTI, Candy White, 18's, 6 disc changer and Electric Sunroof

07836 210 450

Have you placed a deposit for the GTI you ordered?

Gareth.

[ QUOTE ]

Dan

Try this VW dealer, they have the following for sale;

5 dr GTI, Candy White, 18's, 6 disc changer and Electric Sunroof

07836 210 450

Have you placed a deposit for the GTI you ordered?

Gareth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Gareth, that's brilliant, cheers, will call now. I have placed a deposit, yes, do you think it would be transferable?

Cheers

Dan

Your deposit should be returnable...depends on the dealer and your relationship with them.

Some dealers can be funny about this, some not. You can cite the delay as a very valid reason for walking...

PM me if you have any problems and want some help 169144-ok.gif

Gareth.

The Reading dealer told me on Saturday that the wait is currently 6 months. I've been waiting close to 4, but the actuals are I ordered on 28th January and am picking it up on 14th May. Few extras may have helped, namely metallic paint, 5 doors and the armrest CD changer. (Will add bigger wheels when my first 17" tyre set wears out! sell the Monzas on Ebay).