"Auto Dry" product

a4tdi130

I was watching "Pimp my Ride" on MTV this morning, an episode that I had seen before (big VW van painted green with a 40" TV fitted for the surfer).

Anyway - towards the end, a scene that I hadn't spotted before, they very quickly said "I'm going to use the auto-dry on it now". They drove it outside, plugged in what looked like the Flash Car Cleaner on to a hose, and sprayed it all down.

So... can you buy an "auto-dry" filter that does the same function as the last part of the Flash Cleaner?? It looked much meatier and sprayed a much larger amount of water out. The Flash one works well, but the spray that comes out is a bit puny. When I used it, not only was it dripping from the connector, but the spray was really fine and because it was windy, I had to turn the car round to do the other side as the spray was blowing back off the car before it had hit the paintwork!

Russ,

I had the same thought today as I was drying my car (although I don't know why I bothered as it p1ssed it down 15 minutes later mad.gif). There must be a product that is specifically designed to dry the car only. Maybe a water ioniser? I believe all the Flash unit does is ionise the water.

Looks good but I need something that sits at the end of the hose pipe that I'm using, rather than the end that connects to the tap, because it's the same outside tap that gets used for watering the garden, filling the pond, filling the paddling pool, etc etc. I don't want to be using nice ionised water for all that, and on the other hand don't want to have to be plugging that big unit in everytime I use the car.

I'm looking for something small(ish) that fits on the end of the hose pipe. Basically, just the auto-dry part of the Flash cleaner, that would be about 1/3 the size if it wasn't for the handle and shampoo reservoir.

[ QUOTE ]

Looks good but I need something that sits at the end of the hose pipe that I'm using, rather than the end that connects to the tap, because it's the same outside tap that gets used for watering the garden, filling the pond, filling the paddling pool, etc etc. I don't want to be using nice ionised water for all that, and on the other hand don't want to have to be plugging that big unit in everytime I use the car.

I'm looking for something small(ish) that fits on the end of the hose pipe. Basically, just the auto-dry part of the Flash cleaner, that would be about 1/3 the size if it wasn't for the handle and shampoo reservoir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Satan, been thinking the same but i was just going to buy a couple of the Hoselock connectors! When you are done cleaning the car off its a quick insertion blush.gif of the new piece of pipe with the filter. at the tap end of the pipe. I haven't found anything else that would seem to work! confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Satan, been thinking the same but i was just going to buy a couple of the Hoselock connectors! When you are done cleaning the car off its a quick insertion blush.gif of the new piece of pipe with the filter. at the tap end of the pipe. I haven't found anything else that would seem to work! confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy yourself the hozelock 4-way tap. Connects 4 hozelock devices and has separate taps for each.

Satan? Not the Satan is it?

[ QUOTE ]

Buy yourself the hozelock 4-way tap. Connects 4 hozelock devices and has separate taps for each.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't seen these before, sounds good, will have a hunt round.

[ QUOTE ]

Satan? Not the Satan is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, not the original...