Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Woppum

Blue delay!!!!

21 posts in this topic

I have just been told that there is a three week delay on the delivery time, which is six bloody weeks! I have been thinking deeply becasue i have been offered one this weekend in silver.

What do you think of it in silver rather than blue. I need some opinions before i make my decsion???? beerchug.gif

post-1352-137914243601_thumb.jpg

Woppum, IMO I would go for silver.... but then again, you're asking someone who has a Reflex Silver Metallic Golf, so my opinion may be biased somewhat!!

Its not because I don't like the blue, I just think Silver would be nice.

What colour leather does it have.... black??

No question, wait for the blue, in silver just looks like a tarted up golf, blue maketh the R32.

[ QUOTE ]

blue maketh the R32.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a good point there loddrik. You don't see that blue on any other Golf's so it may be the colour to have.

PS. Did you get your Alpina yet??

The colour is unique to all golfs which make even more special. The silver is very nice and the temptation is great considering i could be driving it on the weekend, but i know that if i get it i may regret it in the future. It just means that i have to accept that the golf is now on a provsional build date of week 21. I think the greatest problem is that it is still provisonal and not confirmed, which could mean the date could go back further!

If any of you want my advice when buying the R32, buy through a UK dealer, they may give you a later date and a slightly higher price quote but at least they wont play you about. I have orderd mine through a company called Euro Import, and at first they gave me a privisional build date of week 16, now it is 21, it may go back more. This is now the third time they have sat my date back! *****RS!!!

The main reason why i have convinced myself that i want the blue is becasue they will charge me £27,500 for the silver (full spec) which is list price, but if i wait for my full spec blue i will only pay £25,500. I suppose they know i am desperate. FIREdevil.gif

Never mind i will just have to grit my teeth and wait, blue rules anyway (if it ever comes). beerchug.gif

post-1352-137914243606_thumb.jpg

went to see my dealer today, he tells me that the next build week is wk 28, it was apparently brought forward during this week from wk 33, IMO the silver is cool, the blue is stunning, depends i supose on how long you can hold out, i personnaly would wait and get the colour you really want. NONO3.GIF

Thats what i thought i just needed backing up. I will just be bloody happy when it finally appears. Then i can think about that bute of an AMD conversion. Sex on wheels heart.gif

P.S. if anyone who works for euro import reads this no offence it is just i really want my car. xxx pengy.gif

Woppum,

I don't think you would have been any better off ordering through a UK dealer.

I ordered mine (in Blue) through a dealer in February and was initially told that the build date would probably be in May. But now I'm told that it will be more like week 28, which is in July frown.giffrown.gif

I guess it gives me more time to save up though. wink.gif

It's nothing to do with Euro Imports, everyone, UK dealers included, have been affected by production delays at the factory. My own R32 was put back 3 weeks from week 17 (week after next) to week 20.

To charge you more for a different colour because you are desperate is taking the piss though. Not something we would do.

It looks like my grudge is with VW then, it doesent really matter I suppose it will build charicter waiting and i am sure i will instantly forgive them as soon as it arrives.

Colin, out of interst is your week 20 R32 still on a provisional date or is it now confirmed?

My week 20 is confirmed, as was week 17! Production issues with a new model. Seen it before, hopefully firm as we get closer.

Well at loeast your is confirmed where as mine is till provisional. I ordered mine just in january, when did you order yours?

I ordered mine early last month, so planned a 7-8 week delivery, now extended to 10-11 weeks. No big deal but my new S3 is ready at the dealer but I'm going to hold off taking that until I have tried the Golf.

We usually obtain firm build dates around 3-4 weeks from order, but there has obviously been a little bit of a hiccup with this new model.

I still haven't been able to get VW to confirm they will be ceasing production in November ready for the new shape. They are also claiming an August release date for the GT TDi 4 Motion in this country, so they really will be unloading the old shape before new is released.

after having had a nogaro blue S3 and now a grey porker

i would go grey on all of my next car's,

the blue looks good if it's really clean

the grey just looks good all the time...

and the blue is working against me in 2nd hand sale now...

they all pretend not to want the blue

cheaky feckers smashfreakB.gif

THAT I don't get smashfreakB.gif You've got a nice looking S3 there, for a damned good price, WTF is the problem confused.gif Dude, if I had $$ I'd friggin buy it from you smashfreakB.gif

jump.gif

i know, ppl keep calling me to bug me with why i won't drop the price!!!

fecking assholes,

they first ask me if something is wrong with it since the price is soooooo damn low for a 2001 model

and then they ask for a pricedrop

go feck off and buy a crap 2000 for that money,

mine is a loaded 2001 with the price of a 2000

think it's just the current market,

got 2 fixed deals at a good price, so if noone wants it in a few months time it'll go to them

don't really need the cash that bad so .... i can wait

[ QUOTE ]

don't really need the cash that bad so .... i can wait

[/ QUOTE ] Must be nice.......

.....Dick the_finger.gif

jump.gifbeerchug.gif

nah,

it's more a case of

needing the money and loosing even more money on it

or not needing it badly and just loosing money on it

i can wait so... (certainly now that i got those 2 fixed offers in...)

znaika.gif