[Audi A3/S3] Hey Joe

Drillslinger

Nah Tony, these are JoeSA's mirrors. He got them on ebay here in Germany, but the Dude wouldn't ship them to South Africa, so I offered to take them, and forward them on to him (as I can get cheaper postage rates). They just came in this morning so I was posting these pics so he can survive the next 2 weeks or so until he gets them grin.gif

beerchug.gif

Hmmmm if im right then the bloke who removed has removed them by releasing the tensioned spring!! Coz if he hadnt of removed the tecsioned spring then the mirror would have the other part on it too where it bolts to the door !

Now if the sprinbgs have been removed then i dont know how the hell hes gonna get them back on ??

Drill is this the case ??

Jeez Drill if the guy has removed the springs then its gonna be a bitch of a job to do! the spring is about 1.25" in height and is as solid a rock and a bitch to compress. As its compressed an open ended washer has to be slid into the groove that is located on the 'peg' which is part of the door mouted section.

Good luck is all i can say. The only way around this is to buy 2 complete new mirrors for an A3 and retro fit the alu cover and glass.

Unless of course ive got the wrong end of the stick ?? UHOH7.GIF

jump.gif

Thanx a million Drill grin.gif

I can't wait to get my grubby paws on them grin.gif

They look fantastic.

I spoke to a guy that fitted the chrome mirror housing and

apparently it's pretty simple to swop the standard housing with chrome housing if they are both the facelifted mirrors.

But I want to fit the entire mirror unit cos they have the auto-dip feature which I would like smile.gif

But if I can't fit the whole unit then I will just fit the

chrome housing cos that all I really wanted in the first place. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Drill , don't forget to let me know what you need from South Africa - Gold,Diamonds,Platinum ... grin.gif

beerchug.gif