Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Woppum

R Polo

17 posts in this topic

I have recently read that they are going to make a Polo for th 'R' range which will use the 225bhp 1.8T from the S3. Does this sound realistic and has anyone elce heard this? confused.gif

Well, haven't heard anything, but there HAVE been folks put both the VR6 AND the S3 1.8T into Polos, so it'll work. If they do it I might just be putting my name down jump.gif

With the power matched with the weight and size it sounds like it will be very fast. I just hope not more so than the R32 blush.gif

If anyone couls make a graphical image of what this would look like it would be very interesting. xxx

Bloody hell is the bottom picture showing it with a 2.8, how the hell did they fit that?

smashfreakB.gif

i would love a decent powerfull small VW to beat the pants of the Clio 172 etc... 225 brake in a polo would be awesome !! cool.gif

When I went to the dealer they mentioned that there were going to be more R Range cars.

I guess we will have to wait until September to find out. Fortunatly no MK V R32 for a year or two.

jump.gifjump.gif

Well, I don't know about 225, but the Lupo GTI comes with 125hp, so why not a 1.8T Polo pushing 150-180? jump.gif

And we all know how tuneable the 1.8T is FIREdevil.gif

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't know about 225, but the Lupo GTI comes with 125hp, so why not a 1.8T Polo pushing 150-180? jump.gif

And we all know how tuneable the 1.8T is FIREdevil.gif

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

is it really that tuneable??

Like...Duh smashfreakB.gifgrin.gif

Any engine that'll fit in a Polo, and be tuned to over 300 hp from a 150hp std would, in my book, be considered "Tuneable" FIREdevil.gif

beerchug.gif

Do you know whos Loopy is the yellow Lupo??

Reg S3 1UPO???

I have seen that round my way recently (Bromley SE London) but without the ad stickers on.

Dont think I know the owner of that one - try having a look on our other forum Lupogti.co.uk - might be on there.

Had heard similar info on the Polo "R". 1.8T 180 bhp & 4 wheel drive. Possibly coming next year.

Sounds like fun to me!

OOO with a chip, that will be one fast car. Whatsit the scoda fabia 1.9tdiis 130bhp as standard, with a chip 190bhp!!!! that is crazy considering it is a 10k car, then with the chip add on 350 squid, hey presto 7 second car. O and how funny would it be speeding past a type R or clio sport in that, the driver would have a fit jump.gif

Found some info on the Lupos.

Blue one is one DubSport's VR6:

[ QUOTE ]

2001 Lupo (based on SE model)

Engine: Corrado 2.9 VR6 engine conversion, Gas flowed head, Ppiper Cams, Superchipped, "Blue Flame" Exhaust system, Jetex air filter.

Output : 220 bhp. 0-60 in 6 seconds. Top speed 144mph (Nitrous

getting fitted shortly - 75bhp kit)

Chassis : FK Coil-over Suspension, Eibach anti-roll bars, 280mm front discs and rear disc conversion

Wheels : 9x16 brock B1 Alloys

Body: JE Design Wide-Arch Bodykit front and rear. Bumpers finished in original VW Jazz Blue.

Interior/ICE: Leather/Alcantara Retrim with MK4 Golf front heated seats. Kenwood TV Tuner, CD player and loads more extras!

[/ QUOTE ]

web page

There is also a 300BHP 1.8 T !

bblupo3.jpgbblupo5.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Heavily Modified Non-Gti Lupo featuring a heavily Modified 1.8 20v Turbo engine featured in many VAG models. Also sports 16" Mille Miglia Evo alloys, lowered, DTM exhaust moved to the centre. Uprated discs/calipers. Tinted rear lights/windows.

Currently producing 300bhp and 300lb/ft of Torque, but due to traction problems (215 width tyres are the maximum), only acheives a 0-60 sprint of 5.3 seconds

[/ QUOTE ]

B & B web page

Well, with some rolled or flared fenders you should be able to fit 235's in there and beat that "shoddy" 0-60 time grin.gif