Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
loddrik

Got it!!

7 posts in this topic

Got the Alpina B3 3.3. What a car, simply amazing, the difference between it and the 330ci is massive. Rides, steers and handles so much better, brilliant brakes, lovely noise, sounds like an M3, bloody thirsty though. It is getting de-chromed, will post pics in gallery soon.

Wicked mate, good for you!

So you can feel those extra 50bhp then?

What else has been done, suspension, brakes?

You really do know you have 280bhp. Alpina pretty much uprate all the drivetrain and chassis, shell is far stiffer. The main thing that hits you is that it fells much more sporty yet the suspension feels far more supple too. Steering is the best I have ever felt on a car, except for Evo 7, although maybe that was too sharp. Brakes are excellent, the man I got it from works mainly with Porsches and they were as good as any he has had experiences of.

Loddrik, do you have the manual gear box or the auto?

I took the auto for a test drive and it was an incredible car, would like to try the manual version. The sound is great too. beerchug.gif

Congrats mate. Never driven an Alpina but by the sounds of it I ought to try one out! Post some pics soon loddrik. smile.gif

Will do, have the 'switchtronic' which is an auto but you can change gear manualy and with a couple of buttons on the steering wheel, I haven't got used to those yet!!

enjoy it mate!!!

sounds awesome!!

bring it to GTI!!! (on our stand)