Best inexpensive all-rounder speakers?

I'm going to put my Kenwood player and multi changer in the wifes 106, but the Pug speakers are gay, in fcat they're whey ghey.

I don't want to spend lots and it only has two speakers in the front, are there any decent ones I can replace them with?

I also don't want to mess about chopping the panels and putting rears in as well, I'm really hoping to find soem decent full range ones that I can do a straight swap with, don't want much do I? grin.gif

Roy......as an ex-106 driver i sympathise. Especially with those ridiculously bad rear speakers.

I had a set of Alpine jobbies in mine, spent about £100 on the pair, and they were worth their weight in gold!!!

Also, i would SERIOUSLY consider adding a spot of soundproofing to the door while your there, costs about £20 a roll, and applied correctly will stop the rattling doors you will inevitably get.

Thanks I'll look at the Alpine ones then.

To be honest I didn't think the 106 had rear speakers, they're gayer than I though jump.gif

Thanks for the soundproofing tip I'll look into that as well, any tips on suppliers or is it just a trip to Halfords?

The 106's are the same as the saxos. I put some Pioneer TSE1550's in the fronts and left the rears alone as they are a complete bugger to remove. The Pioneers cost £70 from caraudiodirect and are known to be one of the best non-component speakers around for the saxo/106. They made a big difference in the Saxo. You'll have to drill some new holes to fit aftermarket speakers as the standard speakers have a strange pattern. One thing to be aware of is that there isn't much room between the speaker and the window so you need to make sure to get a set of speakers with a low mounting depth - thats why the Pioneers are such a popular choice with these cars.

Hope this helps!