Just brought a Polo --- What a nightmare!!!

mickymunn

Hi all, brought a 02 plate polo 1.9 tdi sport for my partner last weekend from a vw garage, well we got it home and as soon as we parked on the drive she sat in it looking about as you do and went to start it, Then the oil light started flashing yellow meaning low oil or a defective switch!!!! just got it home!!! Anyway called them back up and told them they just said bring it in.Well hang on a minute, are'nt these cars supposed to have all these so called "multi point checks" ???? So took a dat off work to take it back over and on the way driving there the front felt really clunky going over bumps or potholes and the steering felt like it had alot of play in it.

Anyway i got there and told them and i sat there while they looked at it and they came back to me and said the anti-roll bar and bushes had gone and they need to order the oil switch and anti roll bar and bushes.Why wasnt this picked up in the pre check the cars are suppose to be given??? anyone had problems like this?

Told them my partner wasnt keen driving the car if it was faulty and could i have a cursety car while they did the work, i was told they didnt have any and arranged to have to work done last weekend.

Next day got a call from the manager saying sorry for the problems and they would come and collect the car and leave a replacement one while they did they work, ok fair enough. Got a call today from them saying they could not locate the anti roll bars and bushes and could take up to 3 weeks!! to arrived as they were on back order,Very annoyed at this point telling them how could they miss these things on its pre check!!! Then this evening they called to say they have located a new 1.9 tdi sport at another garage and they were going to replace the anti roll bar and bushes from this car.Had the car week and its been in the garage for 4 days now, has anyone else had this kind of sloppy service and does anyone have any idea's or suggestions as to what i should do?

please help

thanks for reading sorry its a long post guys ((

just fed up frown.gif

If it was you, after all this hassle, would you ask for a free service or some kind of compensation for lack of service. just cant beleive they gave us the car if they are suppose to do all these checks before they hand us the keys!!! Do they really do these checks????

Well to be honest I had one car with lots of problems and did what I said above, I wouldnt keep a car that had bad luck within hours of owning it.

VW dealer will do everything they can to get out of giving you nothing. Contact VW UK, they might help depends what day you ring and if you get the one good person they employ, but VW uk involved may help your case with compensation.

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

I will give you 1 guess where mine came from....... I ordered a new car thro them, but I dont see why cou cant ask for another car the same. Otherwise tell them you wish to reject the car as you purchased it under good will and the checks clearly had not been carried out (I would see what they check first mind).

I have had no less than 15 cars from Wayside group in the last 3 yrs - they are getting no more business from me as they are clearly happy to ps off regular customers and not work with a 'reputation model'

My first choice car was another from within their group and they told me it was sold. I ntoiced it still advertised 4 weeks later and found it had nver been sold at all, they just couldnt be bothered to check for cars off site. In theory you could have any car from their group at same or greater cost.

thanks for the reply, spoke to them today, they said parts wont be in until, maybe mid or end of june!!! by then the 30 day exchange will have run out, i asked about this and they said it still stands from when the car was purchased!! so what can i do about this?? call vw uk and speak to them? who would i need to speak to? and if we wanted to change car can we ask for another one from a different wayside??

Thanks for all your posts and help guys!!

Initially you will have to speak to VW Customer Services, be patient as it will be very hard work.

In theory you should be able to get any car from any wayside, thats what they told me. As their stock is 'group' stock and available to any dealer.

As a matter of interest which Wayside did you buy from?

IF you want to reject the car then I would be tempted to write to the sales manager of your Wayside and advise him of the problems that have been diagnosed, that you are unhappy to accept a car in this condition and would like to have the car swapped under the no quibble plan.

Details of the plan are here:

VW no quibble plan

There is only 1 other Polo TDi I can see on waysides online stock list.

Thanks for the reply, spoke to them today, not much help really, they said all decisions were down to the retailer and we could only choose a car from the same dealers site.

Called dealers back today and told them i wanted the 30 no quibble to start from the day we get the car back after it is repaired.They said they could not change this and it would still stand!! but offered me my next 2 services for free, stil not happy with that because the 30 day no quibble would have run out by the time we got the car back, i ended the call

then i called again this afternoon stating that they were not providing me with the serivices i have paid for and that i was going to get in touch with trading standards they then decided to give me the 30 day no quibble when we get car back and the 2 free services aswell.

Well if they say you are limited to a car on site then they allowed me to pick a car from wayside group stock, not just their site - which site is it BTW?

If you cant get another Polo tdi you might find they have Golf or Beetle TDi for not much different money....Wayside in Towcester have a very nice 1.9TDi colour Concept - yellow with yellow and black leather - looks fab 169144-ok.gif

I hope you get it sorted soon enough anyway.