Honda Civic Type R drivers, WHY????

loddrik

Why do CTR drivers

A. Think they are ther fastest things on the road?? and

B. Seem to try and race anything remotely quick.

I met my third one in 2 weeks today and that makes 3 in 2 weeks that have been roundly thrashed, nay, humiliated.

I think they should stick to cars of their own performance and at least be aware that they are trying it on with something far, far quicker!!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

funny you should mention them as i have had 2 run ins in the last couple of days, one decided he could not wait behind me whilst going down a short dual carridgeway limit 50 but most do about 65 well he cut us up by going down the inside and squeezing through a gap between a lorry in the inside lane and the car in front. Why? he had to stop at the lights 300 yards away anyway.

Lodders, I actually find myself beginning to cringe every time I see a Civic Type R.

That's unfair, because there must be at least 2 responsible drivers of them out there somewhere.

Unfortunately, it's the other tens of thousands that ruin it.

See, in recent months I can recall encounters with black, red and silver Type R's. Multiple numbers of each.

They are, it would appear, driven by morons who have nothing better to do than try to race absolutely everything on the road.

I refuse to race them. It is pointless for a number of reasons.

1 - because it's a public road and I've learned

2 - because I'd win

3 - because they drive like totally insane last-day-of-life pilots

4 - because it encourages them

5 - because it's what they want

However, it's not just me, BMW's, Alpina's, M's or whatever - it's anything. I have watched Civic's from afar and they seem to bite at absolutely everything that doesn't move in straight away, exhibits signs of acceleration or dares to use the Civic Type R roundabout lane (which, if you haven't noticed yet, doesn't exist - it's make believe, they just go wherever they want on a roundabout in order to over/undertake anything on it).

Benson (Type R) on here must be the only one of reasonable mind or brain (presuming he is!). The rest are f***ing idiots.

They`re not comfortable with their cars and feel they have a point to prove. I mean, yes, they're pretty quick, but generally only when you rag the hell out of them. OK, you`ve got a car that`s faster than most cars out there, but you`re not going to "win" against anything that`s quick. Strange breed.

I went to a wedding reception tonight, as i was arriving, one of the guests was being dropped off by a complete TWAT in a civic type R. As there were people around, the twat drove off tires squealing and then spun it to turn around. TOSSER!

How do you spin a front wheel drive car!

Gotta worry how people like that get a license!

Why do people think its 'cool' to spin the wheels anyway, its just damaging the tyres and slowing you down. If I'm trying to make a quick start wheel spin is the enemy!

[ QUOTE ]

Why do people think its 'cool' to spin the wheels anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, because it shows their car has an excess of power! [or a distinct lack of grip]. The fact that even a 1.0 litre car can spin it`s wheels aside, of course. But yeah, on the whole I`d say more people will be thinking "what a prat" or "there's another guy who doesn't know how to drive" rather than "wow, what a great guy/car".

Guy a few streets away, who seems to be a nice type of bloke, has a black (and I mean completely black) type R. We are talking windows, wheels EVERYTHING in black. Only other colour on it is the stainless steel drainpipe on the back of it. Sad really........it looks shyte. But he enjoys tearing about the place in his blacker than black hearse type thing.

I know someone who owns a Type-R he turned around to me and said "My wicked car can beat that old can anyday innit..."

This is the said car -

bluecat2.jpg

Kind of sums up the type of driver that sadly tends to own a Type-R civic these days...

I've had the same kind of thing on the A1 a few weeks back. Can't remember what was trying to get past me really slowly, but I was fast approaching a lorry, so I pressed my foot down a bit so that I didn't pull out and knock his front wing and gained loads of distance on him really crap.

He wasn't in a stupid crap car or anything, it was definately something at least half decent (relative to mine...think it was something like a Vectra or something of that calibre).

Regardless he started flashing at me.

Not enough type R civics round here for me to notice it with them though. There's enough standard civics and they all look shite. I'd race any one of them any time, and lose with pride if it came to it.

Only yesterday had some t*at in a type R come right up behind me in a dual carriageway which was fairly populated with traffic, just didnt feel the need to try and race him, i know what my car can do, so just pulled over let him go and he proceeded to flash his hazards at me when in front, is that some kind of "victory" sign?? Idiot!!!

[ QUOTE ]

and he proceeded to flash his hazards at me when in front, is that some kind of "victory" sign?? Idiot!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a similar experience in my first M3. It puzzled me as much as it is puzzling you.

My encounter was with a Mondeo ST220. He came flying up behind me as I was gently ambling along the A19 at about 70mph (outside lane).

I was overtaking vehicles in a quick but responsible manner and edged up to 85mph with him still hanging off my bumper as I did my best to ignore him.

There was then a gap of about 200 yards to a HGV in the inside lane ahead. I accelerated briefly beyond the HGV (remaining in 6th gear and just gently prodding it) and then pulled in.

The ST220 caught me as I pulled in and as he went past it sounded like a hundred spoons being dropped in a stainless steel kitchen sink....only for him to give me the thumbs up, flash the hazards and then shoot off into the distance (metaphorically speaking because his rate of disappearance was nothing impressive and bordered on the laughable in general performance terms).

Ermmmmm.....was that a race? Oh dear. Oh my. Oh f*ck off.