Skoda Marketing

JamesB

Okay, I hope I can say this without offending anyone (Ross) because I'm buying one, but I had to quote the Fabia brochure, or at least the part where it gets to the vRS. You'd never guess their target driver. Here are the 2 phrases that made me chuckle:

"Once in a while even the mildest mannered driver needs to have fun"

"...a highly developed 1.9 turbo-diesel engine delivering an outrageous 130bhp..."

Boy, they really know how to pull in the crowds. yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry vRS Vs A ST24 running a indution kit, Blue fin chip, De cat pipe, and st200 plugs mmmmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.giflol.gif

Sorry but what you didnt realise is that James' RS6 would eat your Mundaneo for breakfast!

He hasnt got a skoda yet!!! grin.gif

Be fair, gents. znaika.gif

I did say "my outrageously powerful new car" and was actually implying the vRS, as Mr Bear interpreted correctly and put in his post - 'vRS vs undoubtedly rapid (sorry, don't remember all the mods) Mondeo'.

Having said that, I still think I'd have a chance with the vRS. After all, it might just about fit in my boot. 169144-ok.gif

James

I'd be worried, a guy that posts a picture of a Mr Gaybum doing something rather odd to him self, then goes on about putting it in your boot?

Anal fixation is a classic sign of being very limp, next call will be when you discover the ST is presented in that lovely, Champagne pink colour.

Isn't bear another name for a gay guy with a beard?

Mulkbear, do you have a beard?

jump.gif

I believe you (not), that's you b/f??

Mulkbear- we need your insider knowledge, get on the R32 pages and start sorting the cars out.

Dish the dirt on VW, any good R rumours about the Mk5.

Any chance of seeing the 3.0 TDi in a Golf?

Or the W12 engine taking the rear seats and boot of a Golf, a la Renault V6.

Come on, I want more than this from a VW tech, PS I won't dob on you beerchug.gif

I saw the attachement a few weeks ago - simply chose to ignore it SLEEP5.GIF

Glad to hear you are joining the club 169144-ok.gif What colour did you get and what options did you go for. My biggest regret is that leather wasnt an option. Interioir is holding up well considering the colour but I am still not 100% in love with the feel of it.

And as for Skoda's marketing - its dire. Really they don't give a hoot about the vRS sub brand, or at least they don't seem to. The TV and paper ads have been awful, totaly not what I would have expected. The vRS sub brand is a bit of a clique, a bit of a "those in the know" club, not a "sensible drivers want to occaisionaly do something wacky". WTF is that all about.

And that's before we explore Skoda's complete refusal to (until recently) reveal any info on the new Octy vRS. Why shoudl anyone wait to find out about it when there are so many other good cars in the segment. Skoda drivers are a loyal bunch, but Skoda UK can be a bit testing.

And that is before they send me a load of buff about the Fabia vRS through the post last week. I mean for goodness sake, mine was one of the first few hundred in the country - please don't send me stuff on my own car - surely they wouldn't expect me to buy another one would they?

Still love the car though, and am reasonable exicted about the new Octavia vRS. Lets hope they get it right though - the standard car is a wee bit ugly...

And they haven't even started a naff ad campaign for it yet ROLLEY~14.GIF

I meant the second attachment EEK2.GIF

The first one is a bit of harmless banter IMO. Anybody who knows a little about cars realises that Skoda have made enormous advances in the last few years and now give you good quality and back-up and therefore serious value for money.

In terms of spec, I went for the Diamond Silver and lobbed in heated front seats, Xenons, Symphony autochanger, ESP, passenger airbag deactivate SLEEP5.GIF, side airbags and satnav.

I managed to get about £1500 off so am reasonably satisfied with the deal. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

In terms of spec, I went for the Diamond Silver and lobbed in heated front seats, Xenons, Symphony autochanger, ESP, passenger airbag deactivate , side airbags and satnav.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool.

When I got mine, the side bags, heated seats and ESP were not available.

The sat nav looks cool - but I don't leave 'my hood' enough to justify the cost. Mine was the first one my dealer had through with xenons - and I'm going to try and never go back to 'normal'.

Kind of wish I had gone for silver too, the black looks good clean, but mine is quite badly swirled and looks dead tatty in the sunlight. If I wasnt so lazy I could tidy that up though smirk.gif

Hope you enjoy it when it comes - a new car is still a new car, even if it is a trade down 169144-ok.gif

The ESP will come in handy when some flash git drives past you dead fast. Then using ESP, you can take over his mind, get him to slow the car down and all the time he thinx he is still travelling at 120mph.

Then while you hit 80mph, you can undertake him and give him the middle finger, as you fly by. He'll be sat there thinking "My God, Skodas have definately come a long way".

Or are we talking about a comletely different type of ESP here??

[ QUOTE ]

Or are we talking about a completely different type of ESP here??

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's the one. Skoda have come a long way in terms of technology and it's now an option on a lot of their cars.

Although, strictly speaking, ESP is a sense as opposed to an ability to influence anyone. Skoda only provide telekinesis on their top of the range cars.