GTi manual gear-change

AndrewEdward

Hi Folks, done about 800 miles now in my manual GTi. I seem to need to change gears quite quickly to get any turbo boost, because if i let the revs go further than say 2500, the acceleration seems to flatten out. That said, the turbo boost is very impressive, i just wonder whether i should be waiting for say 3500 - 400 rpm before i change gear to get maximum acceleration. Sure, in 6th gear i have had it above 4000rpm, but rarely. Does my engine seem lazy to those of you, like me, who are lucky to have a GTi. Those of you who have DSG have got S, so you have that sport mode, those manuals amongst us don't. Forgive me if i'm sounding a bit simple here, but any help here might alleviate my concerns...

Thanks confused.gif

I was driving mine recently after been away for a few weeks and thought exactly the same thing but wasnt sure if it was just me. My girlfriend seemed to think it was ok but I am sure it is different to when I went away so I am going to have it in the dealers shortly to get it checked out just for my own peace of mind as there is a fault on mine currently with the fuel pressure but awaiting spares.

Will report back when its been in and let you know what they say.