SatNav install service

If the car is an 07 with the new concert II+ radio then yes you could put it back in, with the older single DIN concert it would be difficult, probably cheaper to pick up a second hand symphony II for £50 to pop back in and sell the single DIN concert for upto £150

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

If the car is an 07 with the new concert II+ radio then yes you could put it back in, with the older single DIN concert it would be difficult, probably cheaper to pick up a second hand symphony II for £50 to pop back in and sell the single DIN concert for upto £150

[/ QUOTE ]

Its an oldun, 2004 04 3.0 QS, so its a single din unit. Is this Concert I then?

• 1 month later...

Technically, retro-fitting the RNS-E would affect your warranty in certain areas, say for example you had major electrical problems down the road and the dealer discovered you'd retrofitted the RNS-E then they could legitimately claim it was responsible and wash their hands of it. You'd have very little comeback in such a situation.

In reality the chances of this happening are very very remote.

Everything I do is usually plug and play, so in theory could be put back. The only exception being console upgrades which would be time consuming to put back. But installation of a cheap symphony unit would be acceptable.

I guess Audi could throw a wobbly "if" you had issues, but I have only found one dealer that had a problem with a retrofit and it was one they had ordered, another part went wrong, not the retrofit, but they blamed the retrofit and tried to charge for the work. When I removed the retrofit and the fault was still there, they went rather quiet.

[ QUOTE ]

Hi there, do you know if this would effect warranty? I asked AUDI about the upgrade and they said it was a no go? however many people here seem to be getting craigyb to upgrade new cars? is it reversible? i.e. on a lease car could i put the original unit back in?

[/ QUOTE ]