Exhaust emission warning lamp

jonnywilk

Has anyone ever had a problem where the exhaust emission warning lamp has come on? I was driving today through town and it came on, no beep, no message, nothing. Turned off the engine and started it back up and it was still on. Phoned the stealers and they weren't sure, they said as long as it's still performing it's probably ok but bring it in anyway.

Decided to disconnect the battery to see if that would clear it and it did!! Took it round town again and all seems ok.

Any ideas what might have caused it?

I'm glad i haven't fitted the supercharger yet because i'd be blaming that!

Jonny

You have a miltek exhaust I assume....from your AMD stg 2.

Chances are the oringinal flapper valve controller has worn out (as they do after about a year with no flapper to move).

Find someone with a VAGCOM cable and it will probably read 'Exhaust Flapper Error'

Just a guess.

b0b

Did a round trip to Aldeburgh on the Suffolk coast today. About 200 miles all in. Car was spot on. No problems, engine ran clean and was pulling nice and strong. Perhaps I'm being paranoid about the dashboard lights as I have never needed a reason to look at them before in detail. blush.gif Anyway none of them came on when I was driving or any of the warnings so looks to be ok. Would still like to know if the only lights left on after all the others have gone out and before you crank the engine over are the battery, EPC and emission lights. Had a nice day out and saw one other R32 in moonlight(?) blue, dark navy sort of colour. He overtook me but didnt respond to a wave, obviously not a tyresmoker NONO3.GIF Better check the spotted forum quick though grin.gif

I have had this warning light on my MK V GTI so I took it to the dealers and after a good few hours they determined that there is a fault with the fuel pressure whilst the vehicle is switched off and it needs a new part. They cleared the fault and assured me it is safe to drive and will cause no problems. They are also unsure of the part required to fix the problem as all the dets were in German.

GTI thanks for that. I've got a service coming up so I'll get them to check it then. Car feels A1 so should be ok. Saw to mk5 gti's today one black and the other silver. Both looked very nice indeed, got that mk5 RRRRRRR feeling growing day by day smile.gif

Hey Luke!

Had a little thrash in mine today, so checked all the lights out:

So here goes:

Turn ignition to position 2,

Dash lights up like a christmas tree,

All lights go out except for EPC and emissions,

Start engine, feel slight throb in trousers,

EPC light goes out closely followed by emissions light

Engage warp drive and frighten neighbours child grin.gif169144-ok.gif

Hotdog you are a star bowdown.gif The confirmation Ive been waiting for. I thought it was ok but my brain started to make me doubt myself smashfreakB.gif I can now happily get back to worry free motoring. Not too sure about the throb in trousers comment though EEK2.GIF

My amber emissions light has been on and off for the past 25k miles!! The dealers say there is a slight misfire, then I take it back in and it corrects itself, then its back on again. I’ve decided I have had enough. I am just going to leave the car with AmD until they fix it. I don't trust the dealers to do the work. Up to the eye balls in it!!