Locked Out Of 2002 Passat

Disco300

Hi guys, new member locked out of 2002 VW Passat Estate. Any suggestions on the easiest way to get in. Ok you can all have a laugh but the keys, together with my house keys are locked in the boot. The lid closed and locked the keys inside ... and wouldn't you know it, NO SPARE !!!!!

Unfortunately you're a bit buggered... if there was an easy way to get in to the car without the key, all the thieves would know about it and all the VW Passats would have been stolen!

I think the AA/RAC might be able to help, but they'll probably charge. Likewise with your local VW dealer, they might be able to duplicate a key but again it'll cost £££.

Usually the cheapest way to get in to a locked car is to smash one of the side windows (carefully) and then get the glass replaced, it's usually cheaper than getting somebody to open the car.

Try the RAC / AA they will come out FOC if you have membership.

Can't remember if the boot is a cable unlock from the cabin, If so they might be able to get at it.

If it's c/l control, then it could be a problem. If the passat doesn't have spilt fold rear seats, breaking a window will get you in the car, but not the boot!

Bum luck, hope it works out cheap. If your in a town, might there be a auto locksmith that could help?

There is a few ways

1. Brick + Window = new window + Fitting = frown.gif

2. remove rear no plate drill a hole 20mm in the center of boot pull metal rod up boot open = Body repair = frown.gif

3. Large screw screwed in to door lock attach slide hammer remove lock = new lock + fitting = crazy.gif

4. Use a welding rod, slide though top door seal pull boot release boot button up (won't work it doors are double locked)= grin.gif

Yes and no ..... sorry! He didn't do any physical damage to the car but when he "hooked up" to live up the ignition he bent a pin on the connector which resulted in a engine management warning on the trip computer. A good auto electrician spotted the problem this afternoon and all is now well smile.gif

Don

What he actually did was connect a power supply to the sump sensor which lived up the ignition. Once the ignition was on he chocked the drives door and used a proder to drop one of the elec windows. Hooked the keys and that was it !!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Trust your in now but here's how i got in when I did the same. Remove cover from under engine, locate oil switch from underside of engine compartment, disconnect plug from oil switch, connect a 12 volt supply to red wire, this "energises" your dashboard, when this is done you can operate the electric windows (welding rod or similar). If double locked climb through window and drop rear seats (if split)

• 7 years later...
[ QUOTE ]

Tian... do you look like your picture jump.gif

I bet your well sexy really smlove2.gif

Yeah.... i would hope hes got in after 2 days....

[/ QUOTE ]

What am I supposed to say to that? blush.gif

The only way i have managed to gain access to a passat estate is to remove the rear number plate & drill a 10mm hole just above & to the right of the key hole

thus exsposing the link rod to the lock. using a pair of thin nosed pliers lift the rod to unlock the tailgate. would advise looking at a diagram of lock to work out where to drill. This does work! I had to resort to this when the AA couldn't get in. The AA guy very kindly let me look at his laptop showing the lock lay out, even he was impressed how quickly i got in!!

Hope this helps.