Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul

opinions...

Paint the rear calipers or not?  

1. 1. Paint the rear calipers or not?

• Yes , cleans the looks up
    • No, looks tacky, leave as is

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 posts in this topic

Should i paint the rear calipers red to match my nice shiny Porsche Front brakes?

OK normally id laugh at painted brakes!

but what you think, to just colour matching them to the front Porsche set up?

Brakes are Red by the way, behind RSTT rims. smile.gif

And if a Moderator glances over this, can you edit the title to Paint the rear brakes? or similar... due to the poll, i cannot edit the post title myself.

Ta.

Paul unable to edit the Poll post am afraid.

As for the painting you must have read my mind wink.gif !! was thinking the very same on my way home.

IIRC Carless_Colin painted his calipers red on the A3. Colin what paitnt did you use ?

Graham

Guys u can either buy the special claiper paint made by Folia-Tec or use Hammerite. Used it on many cars and never had a problem with it flaking or or otherwise.

got the folia tec stuf on the heap of cak a3......its good stuff and easy to use. ECLIPSe.gif

Definitely paint them. I had them done on the S4 (AmD did it for me) and it looked great laugh.gif

If you can get the same colour red paint then definatly do it mate. Think how much better it would look than the brakes not matching. Coloured brakes are cool and red are the best, why even think about it??

P.S. it would only be tacky if the brakes on the front were a differant colour to the rear ones.

beerchug.gif

Hey guys, for those of you who've done it, did you pull the calipers off the discs before painting? Or did you just tape things up well beforehand? Thinking of going with Blue for my A3 so..... smashfreakB.gif

beerchug.gif

Personally, I think it looks a bit too Max Power styley for my liking! I think if it's the Performance calipers then it's fine and shows them off nicely, as well as saying the cars had money spent on it.

So fuck_scott.gif to painting calipers

The thing is, my new rims are WAY more open than my factory ones, so now the calipers are really obvious. I had also thought about painting them Black, but smashfreakB.gif

Don't do it. Way to Max Power. Imagine you are buying your car from yourself in a year or two. You are looking around it and fair enough, the owner has spent a few bob on the Porsche brakes at the front. But what's this at the back? Audi standard calipers with peeling red paint, yuk!

You don't need to match it up. No need for the back to look like the front else you'd be putting xenons in the rear light clusters etc! Look at how many cars have shiny discs on the front and drums on the back. Do you ever notice?

Keep it standard.

Do you guys really think, in Pauls case, it's better to have the fronts red, but the rears std?

And of course, what I meant to say was "No need for the back to look like the front else you'd have bought a Boxster!"

Noooo....

Don't paint them.. smashfreakB.gif

Save your pennies and go for the Movit rear conversion..

[ QUOTE ]

Do you guys really think, in Pauls case, it's better to have the fronts red, but the rears std?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I use your theory Dril, then I would have to be painting the rear pads green to match the front greenstuffs! lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

To be honest, im decided. Im with Colin and Dunc and Mick. Dunc having actually seen car too...

A firm leave it as it is.

what little i can see of the rear calipers, even with RSTT rims is minimal, and they look ok as they are......

also, if i ever turn it back to standard, to sell etc.. i'd end up with standard black front S3 brakes, and silly red rear S3 brakes....

Porsche on the rear would be sweet, but the cost is horendous!

[ QUOTE ]

Porsche on the rear would be sweet, but the cost is horendous!

[/ QUOTE ]

£1700 +VAT shocked.gif

Anyway, was down at QST on Wednesday and Kim said that they are having trouble getting hold of the handbrake calipers.

[ QUOTE ]

To be honest, im decided. Im with Colin and Dunc and Mick. Dunc having actually seen car too...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey what about me! I was against it NONO3.GIF right from the word (post) go!

fuck_scott.giffuck_scott.gif

and Gambba ! smile.gif

sorry mate missed you there.

Decided! standard they stay!

An Update to a very old post!!

Well, over 3 years later, and actually on a different S3 to the one i originally intended to carry this out on, I have recently painted the rear calipers to match the Porsche big reds.

Looks Spot on!

The current post is HERE