s2000

just thought i would pass on my great experience at the weekend!

Belfast motor show i took a test drive in an S2000 and the honda rep didnt come with me! madness, they were doing this with all their cars. I have to save it was worth the entry fee on its own. As a previous owner of a MR2 Turbo i was really disapointed with the performance of the S2000 until i realised that i was only using the first 6500rpm!

All i can say beyond this is WHAT A CAR! the noise it makes at 9000rpm is incredible! I want one. badly ECLIPSe.gif

do they use that engine in any other hondas?

thanks

mark

• 2 weeks later...

im afraid there really isnt a huge grandad honda following on TSN.

Admittedly of all the 2 seater sports cars like the MX5 etc etc, the S2000 is the only one which i would consider accepting if it was given to me. All the others are too girly for my liking.

The whole Honda V-TEC thing that the engine has to be revved highly to give good performance would be a mega disadvantage on the island i live.

[ QUOTE ]

All i can say beyond this is WHAT A CAR! the noise it makes at 9000rpm is incredible! do they use that engine in any other hondas?

[/ QUOTE ]

If your impressed with the performance and sound of that then you would be over the moon to drive an NSX for 15-20 grand.

The V-Tec 6 pot revs forever but has quite a lot of torque to go with it.Much,much quicker than an S2000 and supercar presence.Go and get a test drive and unless you have to have a ragtop you may not think about the S2000 ever again! 169144-ok.gif

an NSX would be lovely but the fuel consumption would cripple me! not too many of them around in Northern Ireland either. Im really just window shopping at the moment anyway. have another 18 months to pay off on my own car.

I agree fiftypence having to rev through the roof to get performance isnt the most convenient but it sure is fun!

mark

• 4 months later...

strange thing about the S2000 is it always sounds like the gearbox is about to fall out! I had one for a weekend and loved it to bits the rear wheel drive handling can be a little scary, especialy in the wet on roundabouts but its good fun, and very loud! because of the scare factor i only managed.........on the day (on the track of course in fith)

post-11669-137914330453_thumb.jpg

i've got one of these at the mo and have to say the gearbox is one of the best i have ever used, nice and tight short ratio.... the v-tec fun and noise of this car is just too addictive, I still have not got bored of it yet and you find yourself constantly looking for a opportunity to exploit it!

• 2 months later...

I have been having a gander at a few S2000's recently - think they look fab.

Can anyone tell me though what the difference is between the S2000 2d (alarm), and the S2000 2d GT. apart from about a grand in price??

I have tried to find the answer on Glasses / Parkers etc. but come up with nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

Enquring aboout the S2000, I currently have a VW GTi on order but I'm getting increasingly annoyed with how they keep putting the delivery date back, I've always liked the S2000 currently have a CTR but didn't think I'd get insured when I asked for a quote I was surprised to find it was around 400 more than the GTi (thought it would be a lot more!) so now I'm very tempted, I realise they are very different cars, I've just been on the Honda site to arrange a test drive but says you have to be 25 (I'm currently 24) is there anyway around this...without having to shell out on my own insurance for a day???

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

A little off topic - but does anyone know what size alloy can you fit under the S2000 with out having to fiddle around with bodywork or any other mechanical operations.

I assume that 17's fit fine, but do 18's start to cause problems?

[ QUOTE ]

A little off topic - but does anyone know what size alloy can you fit under the S2000 with out having to fiddle around with bodywork or any other mechanical operations.

I assume that 17's fit fine, but do 18's start to cause problems?

[/ QUOTE ]

you can go 18s fine, without any problems, cant remember the size set up, try the s2k site, full breakdown of what size tyres to apply with the different set of alloys ie 17s,18s even 19s!