F430 Modena Review

Woppum

There it was gleaming in the showroom next to Rod Stewarts old red 360 spyder and a blue spyder. God it was fantastic. There were 2 Enzos in there as well (one going for 650k!!!) and an SLR, but to me the F430 was by far the most interesting.

As the salesman drove it out the showroom he blipped the throttle just to show off and feck me it is loud, makes the ST on my puny golf seem like a snail farting in a trumpet. First mum went out and had a nice long drive. When she came back before I could ask her what it was like, she chucked the keys at me.

I had only driven 2 Ferraris before, and for a short period of time. One was a 348 and the other was a 360. Both were manual and driven on a track. From what I remembered the 360 wasn’t as fast as I imagined it to be with hardly any torque, when pulling on the road I could instantly feel this was a totally different animal. God its fast, so damn fast!!! Very linear acceleration and the noise, ahhh. I can’t imagine a better car. Yes it really is that good!

Its very flat in the corners and very direct. Where your feet sit, is virtually on top of the front wheels so when changing direction, you really pivot around your feet.

In a straight line I would guess it could pull 100 in around 9 seconds, slower than the SL65 but a fair bit faster than the 360, but it feels faster than it is which is actually nice. With the 65 it all happens so fast and with such little effort you are way past the legal limit in a blink of an eye, you are gone before you have a chance to enjoy it. Not in the 430!!

I tried all driving modes except traction off. The race mode was by far the best, the computer blips for you on downshifts and compromises the revs on the up shifts so there is NO head jerking action you get in the 575 and other models. The up shifts are fast, faster than say a CSL, very quick and easy to use. It even made me feel a master of the car within a few minutes. The auto mode is better than say an M3, and from what I have heard far better than the old 360. This is what she will be driving it in. I on the other hand…

The interior is nice, noting too special as all the mags seem to say, full of leather and alloy. There is in your face race heritage with a plaque on the passenger side showing an F1 car and a few words. But to me this is not what the car is about. It is a pice of kit and does everything it says on the tin. In this it is the ultimate as far as I am concerned. Where I have been very disappointed with Aston’s and the Bentley GT the fezza warped my fragile little mind!! I can only dream of what it would be like to drive every day. It is what I would aspire to, it is the perfect size, has the perfect performance and linear acceleration for everyone’s favourite British road, and the exhaust completes the package. The only drawback is that it will be mums car, and who’s mum drives their car anorak son’s favourite car in the whole world, as JC would say, it just is not cool!!

Nevermind, hopefully she may let me drive it every now and again!?

If she can get hold of it, it will come in 2 weeks and is a red Spyder with cream leather. And looks a little like this:

446607-Img224491949.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe even put the loo seat down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steady on now, you don't have to change sex.

To be honest, I don't know if I'd go for the 430 Modena if (hmm) I had that sort of cash when the 1-series is out there. But I wouldn't be too offended if I was accused of being picky.

[ QUOTE ]

Its 40k over list which works out £180k, but i am sure its worth it, its one hell of a piece of kit!! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Its sooo easy to go off people you know. buttcheeks.gif

Nice motor she is a very lucky lady. Not sure even if I had the money I would get a 360 or 430, 355 still looks better to me. Each to their own.

So when are you going to take it for the tour of the UK so we can all have a look and a ride. Of the car of course. 169144-ok.gif

Well I ran in to her at work today and she has canged her mind. She says she has a gut feeling! Whatever the feck that means. She is worried about what people at work will think about her a) having 2 cars, and b) turning up in a red fezza!

Its just such a shame as it is litrally the best sports car and probably the best looking conv in the world right now.

She hasn't ruled it out completley but it don't look hopefull. And the 10% depost was put down, they are trying to get it back! smashfreakB.gif