Petrol station whinge!

sotty

Am I in the wrong? I would like the views of fellow drivers.

Its only a trivial matter but one of princple.

Just lately when I visit my local garage for fuel there is a bit of a queue. This is due to the fact that most drivers tend to queue for the pump that is on the same side as the filler cap. OK fair enough when there isnt a queue.

Anyway this weekend there was the usual trail of cars, but all for one pump. As I am reasonably competent at driving I go to the first free pump and make the hose reach the car (simple). As I did so on Saturday, a 40 year old "chav" look alike jumps out of his car (from the other queue)and starts hurling abuse about queue jumping. I explained to him if he had the sense to make the pump reach he wouldnt have to queue!!!

Anyone else had this happen or am i wrong??

beerchug.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes utterly unreasonable. How dare you? I hope you descended to his level and hurled numerous insults punctuated by profanity.

Actually I regularly make the hose stretch over the car in busy petrol stations and so far nobody has said anything at all, because they would be utter cretins if they thought I was in the wrong to do so

My pet hate at petrol stations are the idiots who park in the entrance to the car wash, and then go and join the queue for a voucher, meaning that somebody in front of them also wanting the car wash has to wait for them. It annoys me to the point of self combustion. This happened to me last week and while Mr Tosser was still in the petrol station I went to the exit of the car wash and reversed in. He looked very pissed off, it made me happy..

What winds me up is when you're sat queueing and some berk finishes filling up, goes in to the kiosk, does a weekly shop, looks at all the mags, carefully chooses an air fresher, asks for something from the back, finally then pays for his fuel, gets back in his car, sorts his credit card out - puts it back in his wallet, puts his fuel car back behind his mirror, lights a fag/opens his choccie bar/chewing gum etc, checks his mirror to see a very p*ssed off me and then takes his time pulling away. The new classic is re-connecting their bluetooth headset to their ear as well as everything else!!

I get my fuel, and my credit card goes on my seat until my next chance to put it in - either at home or the next set of lights (unsafe maybe i know!?), traffic jam etc.

Some people eh?! I personally just hate holding other people up!!

[ QUOTE ]

so youre the chav???

[/ QUOTE ]

No, your original post implies that you couldn't care less. You jumped the queue (fair enough, because everyone else was too blind/stupid to see the oppertunity), and:

[ QUOTE ]

a 40 year old "chav" look alike jumps out of his car (from the other queue)and starts hurling abuse about queue jumping

[/ QUOTE ]

If it had been me, i wouldn't have bothered. I just dont care enough about people i dont know at the petrol station. I couldn't care less if i take 10mins at the petrol station and hold someone else up. That's their problem & conversly, if someone else holds me up, i'l either find a way out, (like scotty did) or just ignore it & chill.

Scotty, by calling me 'the chav' you've forgotten what you originally posted. Mabey you'd like to read it & realise that 'the chav' did care about what you were doing.

Oh and Simonb, trying to please strangers in your life ovbusly creates a problem for you, and in your own words:

[ QUOTE ]

get my fuel, and my credit card goes on my seat until my next chance to put it in - either at home or the next set of lights (unsafe maybe i know!?), traffic jam etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mabey you should sort your self out first.

The stupid thing about garages.............

THAT 90% of normal pumps allow you to fill up no matter where your cap is.

Guess what, most pumps have 2.5m hoses and they will get to the fuel cap irrespective of what side it's on.

When I see all the LHS fuel cap cars queuing for the pump thats nearest the filler, I laugh at the stupid majority!

4 x 4's and a few other do have to keep to one side, but it is unbelievable that any hatch car queues for the 'easy' side. Ho, Ho, ha

The one's that take ages in the shop AFTER paying do indeed annoy me too.

However, I think there is a worse culprit.

That is, the driver who pays, exits the shop, gets in their car....and then continues to sit there.

They select a radio station, then a CD, then go back to the radio station.

Then they half put their belt on, change their mind, and rummage about in the centre console to get a mint.

They then put the belt on. Then they either check the contents of their wallet/purse for a few minutes or, in most female cases, check their make-up.

So, they eventually decide they're ready to drive off.

So they engage first gear - and inch by inch they edge forward away from the pump....taking about a minute to get clear of it....and then they're away.

FFS. When you get in your car, put your belt on and bloody drive off!!!! I'll often leave my belt off until I'm clear of the pump, so as to let the next driver move up. So next time you're sat at the pumps after paying....just remember I could be behind you....and I'm gonna have you.

[ QUOTE ]

I'll often leave my belt off until I'm clear of the pump

[/ QUOTE ]

That's illegal. I'm sure nobody is going to die if it takes 5 seconds longer to get to the petrol pump, or even 30 seconds. Chill out, are you getting enough sex, you are always so stressed dude.

[ QUOTE ]

Oh and Simonb, trying to please strangers in your life ovbusly creates a problem for you

[/ QUOTE ].........

It doesn't cause a problem for me. It's not trying to 'please' them either - it's getting out of the way and having a bit of courtesey. It's like some mornings i will fill up at 6.30am when i've got loads of time - if someones holding me up, well so be it, but next day, it could be 7.30 and i could be really late for work - i need a courteous person to get out of the way then as I would to somebody else.

Also putting my credit card into my wallet at the next set of lights or at home really doesn't cause much of a problem to me.

[ QUOTE ]

putting my credit card into my wallet at the next set of lights or at home really doesn't cause much of a problem to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you said this earlier:

[ QUOTE ]

I get my fuel, and my credit card goes on my seat until my next chance to put it in - either at home or the next set of lights (unsafe maybe i know!?), traffic jam etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also say;

[ QUOTE ]

It's not trying to 'please' them either

[/ QUOTE ]

But earlier, you said;

[ QUOTE ]

I personally just hate holding other people up!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, i did.

Maybe you've read them wrong, or maybe its me? - but i don't think i've contradicted myself there?

As i said, maybe it's me.

I'm tired of this 'whinge' anyway now - i've said what i have to say and don't want to come here just to argue with somebody.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

so youre the chav???

[/ QUOTE ]

No, your original post implies that you couldn't care less. You jumped the queue (fair enough, because everyone else was too blind/stupid to see the oppertunity), and:

[ QUOTE ]

a 40 year old "chav" look alike jumps out of his car (from the other queue)and starts hurling abuse about queue jumping

[/ QUOTE ]

If it had been me, i wouldn't have bothered. I just dont care enough about people i dont know at the petrol station. I couldn't care less if i take 10mins at the petrol station and hold someone else up. That's their problem & conversly, if someone else holds me up, i'l either find a way out, (like scotty did) or just ignore it & chill.

Scotty, by calling me 'the chav' you've forgotten what you originally posted. Mabey you'd like to read it & realise that 'the chav' did care about what you were doing.

Oh and Simonb, trying to please strangers in your life ovbusly creates a problem for you, and in your own words:

[ QUOTE ]

get my fuel, and my credit card goes on my seat until my next chance to put it in - either at home or the next set of lights (unsafe maybe i know!?), traffic jam etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mabey you should sort your self out first.

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way talking of reading and realising...the names SOTTY..not SCOTTY

Stop being so childish.

Simple really; wait your turn (especially if, like me, you drive something which is too big for the hose to stretch across, and are intelligent enough to know which side your fuel filler is located). If someone jumps the queue, look above for guidance and serenity, or if (like me) religion is not your bag, chew the steering wheel.

When you've filled-up and paid, it's common courtesy to exit the pump ASAP, but not at the expense of safety. Stash everything, belt up and move off, and don't infuriate people by dawdling. There are a lot of psychos out there with tyre irons and the will to use them, and bodywork is expensive, as is cosmetic dentistry.

Now can we stop this irritating and frankly pointless exchange of personal tirades please?

[ QUOTE ]

If it had been me, i wouldn't have bothered. I just dont care enough about people i dont know at the petrol station. I couldn't care less if i take 10mins at the petrol station and hold someone else up. That's their problem

[/ QUOTE ]

How genuinely sad... frown.gif

I really do find it so sad that people these days openly couldn't give a feck about the people around them. "Hey I don't know you so I don't care".

What happened to common courtesy and politeness..? crazy.gif