Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danksy

Worst Ever MPG?

40 posts in this topic

Whats your worst mpg?

I managed to get 26mpg over a 400 mile round trip.

I had a 300Kg heavy duty trailer, and my megablade on the back. I was gutted that I had to fill up!

Mind you it was pulling really well and took it in its stride! ECLIPSe.gif

Never.....ever....ever got below 40! Mind you, never towed anything either.

about 9 in the S3 on a particularly fast journey down a certain dual carrige way sekret.gif

5 mpg in my old A4 1.9 tdi when the turbo hose vibrated off ooo.gif

heard a hiss and the turbo spin down and watched the DIS drop from 45+ mpg down to 5 frown.gif

When flooring it, I got it down to 12MPG while overtaking 15 cars in one go.

They been annoying me for sometime, so waited for a long straight section, and then blasted past them.

On the constant mpg thing, I got 32mpg when I floored it up a hill.

The R32 went down to 12mpg when I did the same!

My old Jag could be pretty evil - worst ever average for a full tank was about 14mpg, but on the "instant" it would drop to 3mpg when accelerating hard uphill. But jeez do I miss that V8 growl frown.gif

Hang on though, sorry - that was a petrol smile.gif Worst ever in the diesels I've owned are an average of 22mpg on my XC90!

I got 18mpg from London to Corwall in the inlaws 4.2TD Landcruiser Amazon.

Ouch!

Where's Corwall, is it somewhere in CORNWALL

I could never get nore than 25mpg on my commute in my Volvo T5R, it was as bad as 10mpg if you drive it hard. Got a new V70 D5 on order, wonder how good that will be ....

I've had an average of 26mpg in my PD130 (before I started using the tuning box) on a particularly "enthusiastic" drive.

Lads this is a sooty forum, there's just no comparison with our petrolhead friends tongue.gif

I got 39.5 on the LM trip, some 675 miles and various speeds. That's the worst i've seen for a journey, but when diesel is 71p approx per litre in France, i'm not complaining too much.

G

Shame on you Duisberg Kid NONO3.GIF, come back when you are full of soot! beerchug.gif

Would constantly get below 20 mpg in our ML270cdi inspiration, and the '02 320d auto touring would always be between 28-34mpg and only once on a trip to scotland crusing round for a week did I get it to just under 40mpg.

I can get high 20s if i really cane my tractor everywhere.

[ QUOTE ]

Shame on you Duisberg Kid NONO3.GIF, come back when you are full of soot! beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Only joking dude... all banter welcome 169144-ok.gifbeerchug.gif

How about the best?

DSC00074.jpg

So far got that out of this tank (annoyingly only filled up on tuesday morning!)

Don't embarrass me! Never had more than 45mpg. Mine's the quattro though, when I had a loaner 1.9Tdi I was getting 55mpg.

My best ever MPG!! I went from Swindon to Harwich which is about 180 miles earlier in the week and managed to average 76MPG in my gttdi. I was only doin 60mph goin there mind but on the way back only managed 45MPG!!

I have an old Clio diesel and it never, ever goes below 38mpg no matter how hard I cane it. Shameful.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only joking dude... all banter welcome 169144-ok.gifbeerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm back and all sooty now. New V70 D5 (185bhp) due for delivery monday. I can't believe I'm getting excited about owning a diesel estate. Performance (on paper) is nearly the same as my Golf GTI Turbo, but with 40+mpg ... I hope its better than the Mundano diesel I have had as a courtesy car... beerchug.gif