Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dogbucket

Aristo paint colour?

26 posts in this topic

Anybody know what the silver paint colour is called for the wheels and if a touch up is available?

Got a few stratches that need touching up and its not worth refirbing the whole wheel just yet.

I was going to suggest you contact them direct, but their web site doesn't have a contact us link. ROLLEY~14.GIF

Maybe get in touch with VW CS (0800 711811) & ask them. They supplied the wheels, so surely they can get hold of a code for you.

169144-ok.gif

Soory I have no idea, but if you find out would you please post it,

Ta

vw do a spay tin of touch up paint. I comes with the colour and clear coat...

jump.gif

I will post the order number when I get home beerchug.gif

Weren't there 2 different paint finishes on the Aristo's? I seem to remember reading on an old thread that there was. confused.gif

There were certainly two makes of Aristo's OZ and ???

Not sure if finish was different. But I wouldn't have thought so as some people have definately got the different makes of wheel on the same car. 169144-ok.gif

Maybe that's what I was thinking of then. I think the other manufacturer is Ronal?

Claire I think you may be right, I recall a post sometime back about this - not sure whether it's down whether they're Ronal or Oz manufactured though

Right guys.. I've just come home....

Paint code is L009 104 jump.gif

Just order from your vw dealer.... Approx £9 all in beerchug.gif

Hope this helps

Martyn 123576-assfeck.gif

There's actually 2 different colours of R32 wheel.

Let us know what the shade of silver that l009 is Lenny (when it u get it that is) smile.gif

I have 3 tins of it ATM J....

Mine are the dull coloured wheels if that helps.

Cool Lenny,

Don't supposed u could find out the chrome colour paint code, next time you're at that knowledgable dealers?

atleast you and the guy know what to look for on Ekta! my local guys wouldn't have the foggiest!

[ QUOTE ]

Right guys.. I've just come home....

Paint code is L009 104 jump.gif

Just order from your vw dealer.... Approx £9 all in beerchug.gif

Hope this helps

Martyn 123576-assfeck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else have the other paint codes for the Aristo's?? (This one is the less shiney code iirc) I've got one Aristo from the R that needs a bit of a touch up & want the right finish if possible.

Cheers

Al.

beerchug.gif

Just to clarify for future ref..... there are 3 Aristo Alloys (according to my VW dealer when I was an owner).

2 were made by OZ and the other was from Ronal.

2 were of a silver colour and 1 was a chromed silver look.

Apparently, they have different part Nos, but I think this was rubbish as I got the part No. for a silver alloy to match the ones on my car, bought a new alloy and it was the chromed silver look.

Newer cars came with the chromed silver alloys, older ones (more cars I believe) came with the silver alloys.

smile.gif

And the chromed one is far easier to keep clean grin.gif

Don't ask me why, it just is 169144-ok.gif

There isn't that much of a difference in them though - it took me a good couple of washes to realise which wheel was the odd one out!

I must admit although I started this thread I never did get round to buying the paint crazy.gif

I subsequently found out my wheels are Ronal anyway, could those still have either of the finishes or definately one or the other? my car is Oct 03

I tried getting some L009 104 from the parts counter yesterday. I watched him type it into ETKA and it came up not found. The guy thought looking at the part number it was a body shop only product and he could not order it.

He then suggested the paint code for AVUS wheels which he thought would be the same, but did not have it in stock.

Getting my 4 wheels dipped and the scuffed areas build up. Costing me £40 a wheel and had the choice of 6 colours. I didnt go for the orriginal silver I picked a colour called Magnum silver, its got flecks of silver in it which I assume will look good when finnished. Should have been £88 a wheel but I know a guy that works for VW. So all in all not a bad deal.

Dai 169144-ok.gif

Hi,

i wanted the same thing!!

i went to a local dealer and he told me to goto a art shop or mabie W.H.Smith and get a silver pen with a ball in (remember them???)you shake them to mix the paint!!!

done that it it works a treat

give it a try!!! :-)

A BIALI badge award surely ! ..... and they don't give 'em out lightly grin.gif