Is it possible to get....

ashmeada

Full closure on the key fob so that when you lock/unlock the doors and hold the button down the windows shut/open?

Doors auto lock/unlock over/under 15mph?

If so I will get the dealership to do it as my old man is mates with the Ops director and owner smile.gif

The opening/closing of windows is a cool feature,but auto-locking above 15 mph is a nightmare,as Markpaq says they dont unlock so you have to double pull interior handle to open doors may not sound inconvenient but believe me it gets on your t*ts especially whith passengers .

John

yep - its a good idea and something i will have done on mine next time it goes in..... my mate has an Evo 8 and 6 guys in Manchester tried to get in it / him out of it on Friday night - admittedly, they are stolen to order unlike MOST Audis, but even so, you cant be too careful.

As for 2 pulls on the handle getting on your t*ts - thats just LAZY!!! smile.gif Get the driver to use the unlock button next to the handle..... 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The opening/closing of windows is a cool feature,but auto-locking above 15 mph is a nightmare,as Markpaq says they dont unlock so you have to double pull interior handle to open doors may not sound inconvenient but believe me it gets on your t*ts especially whith passengers .

[/ QUOTE ]

Err... the doors unlock when you take the key out of the ignition. The whole point of having auto locking is that it reduces the chances of car jacking whilst stopped at lights etc. I wouldn't want them to unlock automatically when I stop.

Cool, so will get the lock above 15mph done and the full closure/open feature enabled as well.

According to my handbook, if the Passat has electric roof or windows then the open/close with unlock/lock should be enabled by default? have tried it and it did not work frown.gif

Still got a mate on the AS.net forum who is gonna VAG-COM it for me, if he can't the dealer can do it for nowt so winner either way smile.gif

i dont have a problem with it on my S3.

Although i didnt have it activated until i got vagcom, just ncase i didnt like it.

ive set it, and never changed it back.

Locking isnt noisy,

if you want to get out with engine running, simply pull door pull twice or to unlock whole car press the unlock button.

its simple enough.

I got the auto locking done about a month ago and 3 nights ago in Swindon (say no more!!) someone in a hoodie with their hood up started walking towards my car! For those of you who know, it was near the cinema at greenbridge. He got closer and closer, he was DEFINATELY heading for me. I sped away (through red lights) so the locking thing didn't really get used, but if I hadn't seen him I would still've been safe!!

I know you were jokung but I was properlay s***ting myself (not literally!)

Where do you get all the codes/procedures for your car? I'm interested in getting them for my Golf, but there's only a handful of things on the Ross-Tech website.

Hi

Coding

This site seems the only option, but i was told that these wont work on my 2001 Passat, but may work on much newer models.

I am just gonna try the coding (hopefully doing no damage) and return to old code if it doesn't work!

There is a basecode utililty for KEV-ST that can be used to tell you your new codes.

I am frightened i will blow up my ECU or worse still...... have to take it into the Dealers smile.gif

RobK

• 4 weeks later...