TVR Sagaris

NewNiceMrMe

Hi,new to the forum here,not in the TVR league,make do with a legendary 205 GTI.

Extremely jealous of all Sagaris owners. It's motor's like these that keep me going. The majority of crap churned out in the car industry is so borin and uninspiring!!

I am a TVR nut and believe the experience of owning one of these machines is the ultimate for thrills and adrenaline this side of a full on track car. OK, so they have reliability and build quality issues but a BM M3 or Porkster GT3 etc will not have the sense of occasion of a TVR. I salute all Trev owners:u have bigger balls!!

Ever since been driven in a TVR Griffith 500 I have been counting the days until I own my first TVR!

[ QUOTE ]

Hi,new to the forum here,not in the TVR league,make do with a legendary 205 GTI.

Extremely jealous of all Sagaris owners. It's motor's like these that keep me going. The majority of crap churned out in the car industry is so borin and uninspiring!!

I am a TVR nut and believe the experience of owning one of these machines is the ultimate for thrills and adrenaline this side of a full on track car. OK, so they have reliability and build quality issues but a BM M3 or Porkster GT3 etc will not have the sense of occasion of a TVR. I salute all Trev owners:u have bigger balls!!

Ever since been driven in a TVR Griffith 500 I have been counting the days until I own my first TVR!

[/ QUOTE ]

The run in time is 1000 then a service for a tweak and adjust. It was a dealer demo car ...so it was run in I got her.

We had a 4.5 Cerb and had a Typhon on order for 3 years which wasn't going to see the light of day in 2005/or even 2006. Knew the dealer well and saw the Sagaris as soon as it was delivered.He was very particular about who test drove it knowing we were going to have her.

But run in was done...we paid our money and woooooo jump.gif hooooooo off we went.

Would say a couple of things to the quote above.

I would guess I'm a wee bit older than you....took 20 years of slog to get our first TVR. I wasn't in the TVR league for years either.....never thought I'd own one....

They are a huge andrenilin rush.......amazing bits of machinery and you are right about the sense of occasion.....I have had people hanging out of car windows on the M25 to try and get pictures of the car. It held up traffic in my local town when a bloke crossing the road stopped to stare at it and held up all the oncoming traffic.

Reliability......our Cerb was a peach.....no problems apart from general repair stuff.....I only hope the Sagaris is as good.

The new Russian owner looks to be taking huge steps forward to banish the quality issues.....this Sagaris is great and so far no bits have 'dropped off' as Clarkson would have it laugh.gif

If you really love TVRs...why not join the TVR Car Club....

There are loads of people in the Club that don't own them but love the marque and the monthly mag alone is worth the sub fee.

As for the 'u have bigger balls'...well blush.gif I think I fall down on that one yelrotflmao.gif

The colour is Halcyon Midas Gold.......only two Sagaris have been made in this colour....and there will be no more!!!!

Managed to get a picture of the Cerb and the Sagaris together before we sold the Cerb.......

SagarisMediumemail5.jpg

YP

Hi Bazza......

Yes......the Peril has been done.

The vibration of the main bonnet at high speeds was causing a screw to work loose and fall off.

It was a simple loctite fix which TVR backed up with a secondary bolt assembly as soon as the problem came to light.

They acted extremely quickly.

TVR bonnets have a tendency to vibrate and there are two on the Sagaris.

Ironically, the main bonnet is fine but the service bonnet in the middle flaps like a good 'un, as Jeremy Clarkson pointed out, but I'm assured it's safe....

The Sagaris does have very aggressive styling, but, believe me...there is NOTHING gay about the Cerbera. shocked.gif

She is one of the quickest cars on the planet....truly awesome performance...and the noise........ grin.gif

Pure V8 rumble with straight through sports exhaust......

We really miss her sound...the Speed 6 just doesn't have the roar of the V8.

Everyone used to want to be behind us in the Dartford Tunnel when we had the Cerb.......we once went through with 6 TVRs 2 x 2 behind each other....absolutely deafening.....

All good fun....... 169144-ok.gif

YP

• 4 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The run in time is 1000 then a service for a tweak and adjust. It was a dealer demo car ...so it was run in I got her.

We had a 4.5 Cerb and had a Typhon on order for 3 years which wasn't going to see the light of day in 2005/or even 2006. Knew the dealer well and saw the Sagaris as soon as it was delivered.He was very particular about who test drove it knowing we were going to have her.

But run in was done...we paid our money and woooooo jump.gif hooooooo off we went.

Would say a couple of things to the quote above.

I would guess I'm a wee bit older than you....took 20 years of slog to get our first TVR. I wasn't in the TVR league for years either.....never thought I'd own one....

They are a huge andrenilin rush.......amazing bits of machinery and you are right about the sense of occasion.....I have had people hanging out of car windows on the M25 to try and get pictures of the car. It held up traffic in my local town when a bloke crossing the road stopped to stare at it and held up all the oncoming traffic.

Reliability......our Cerb was a peach.....no problems apart from general repair stuff.....I only hope the Sagaris is as good.

The new Russian owner looks to be taking huge steps forward to banish the quality issues.....this Sagaris is great and so far no bits have 'dropped off' as Clarkson would have it laugh.gif

If you really love TVRs...why not join the TVR Car Club....

There are loads of people in the Club that don't own them but love the marque and the monthly mag alone is worth the sub fee.

As for the 'u have bigger balls'...well blush.gif I think I fall down on that one yelrotflmao.gif

The colour is Halcyon Midas Gold.......only two Sagaris have been made in this colour....and there will be no more!!!!

Managed to get a picture of the Cerb and the Sagaris together before we sold the Cerb.......

SagarisMediumemail5.jpg

YP

[/ QUOTE ]

Luvin the loud in yer face TVR's side by side....pity u couldn't keep both. How u like the Sagaris after life with the Cerbie?

U sure do like the colour yellow!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote How u like the Sagaris after life with the Cerbie?

U sure do like the colour yellow!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks....... 169144-ok.gif

Well...apart from the looks and difference in sound....speed wise there is not too much difference...the power just comes in at a different time in the range.

I knew it would be a track day that would sort out the difference.

I love the Sagaris....it has far more room in it, far more spacious and the Speed 6 is easier to drive with no drive train shunt in lower revs, which makes traffic jams and town driving more comfortable.

But my other half recently tracked the Sagaris and came away with no doubt that the Sagaris is just superb on track.....holds the corners and is far more stable than the Cerb.

Probably doesn't exit the corners as quickly, but you can go in far quicker than the Cerb, braking much later knowing that the Sagaris will hold it and carry you out of the corner......

Shamed to say that I didn't have a go.

Paid my money to track but we were at a 'modded' TVR Meet and there were some bloody quick machines about with some serious driving going on.

It would have been my first track day....and I was too nervous about getting in anyone's way to be honest.

Still...will do one before the year is out......

SagarisSnettertonTrackday05022.jpg

169144-ok.gif YP

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...