18s 0r 17s - Please help

extra

They are right you know, 18s look fantastic, centre armrest aside they are the best value for money option available; Dont forget they are not just a size up, they have a polished finish with anthracite centres ( very similar to santa monicas) The 17s are painted ( yuk!) ices_blah.gif

Go for the 18s,they look great,mine was a cancelled order so they came with the 17s,before buying I road tested two new cars,one with 18s the other with 17s Not much different,but when ever Tv presenters or mags do their rod reports they are always on 17s......what ever to choose you cant go far wrong......Best of luck

I got 18's and the ride is much better than my MKIV GTI was on 16's. I live in the North and if anything the roads are becoming worse up here crazy.gif.

I was concerned that it would be like driving a Kart but the ride is excellent. VW really got it right this time.

[ QUOTE ]

they have a polished finish with anthracite centres ( very similar to santa monicas) The 17s are painted ( yuk!) ices_blah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I went for 17s for the reason.

I agree 18s look better BUT from experience of that type of wheel on VW,SEAT,Audis, the high salt content in winter in the NE the lacque lifts and leaves lines over time. The 17s will be more robust for a long time owner like me.

never heard of declaring manufacturers wheels before, You are inviting them to charge more if you tell them.

If you make a claim ( damaged or stolen ) plead ignorance.Some people believe it or not cannot tell the difference anyway.

I have claimed in the past 17" GSI alloys on an sri vectra( sad i know!)insurer was direct line and they never commented

I've just rang my insurers after reading this and they said they've never heard of being charged increased premiums for manufacturers options supplied new on the car so long as the full value of the car, including options, is declared to them when calculating premiums