New Golf R36 280 bhp 3.6 ltr engine due Feb 06

Calm Chris

Here you go:-

Britský Autocar se krátce zmínil o tom, že by se nový Volkswagen Passat mohl objevit v ostré verzi R36,

která by dostala pod kapotou šestiválcový motor 3.6 V6 FSI s výkonem 206 kW (280 k).

Tento motor by byl o více než 20 kW výkonnější než standardní 3.2 V6 FSI 184 kW,

který se na trhu objeví koncem tohoto roku. Stejný motor, 3.6 V6 FSI, by mohl dostat také

ostrý Golf R36; oba modely by měly mít pohon všech

kol (Haldex).

So it must be true

Here's all the pictures:-

467708-r36-3.jpg

467708-R36-2.jpg

467708-Vw%2520Golf%2520V%2520R36%2520BTR%2520firma.jpg

467708-R36_2.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like orange.........

Right it is an absolute certainty that the new R will be an R36. VW have just registered the R36 brand and it will appear

as a 280 bhp engine in the new shaped Passat, It will also appear in the Mk 5 Golf as either 280 or 300 bhp.

Car is due here February 2006 and I've ordered mine as a 3 door, with leather and in Beetle orange! Cost?

No one knows, but very unlikely to get any change from £28k with the leather.

Have just tried to order R36 VWG or any similar, PWR, GRR, FFS, R36 as a number is not available!

R3 VWG will get transfered

They could all be dummy pictures, photochops (the white one diffo is a chop), what I do know.

1. Its the basic Mk5 shape

2. It's unlikely to be a limited edition car frown.gif

3. VW have just got the R36 logo trade marked smile.gif

4. The 280 bhp engine is running at 140mph on a test bed as we speak smile.gif

5. The 280 will slip in to Passat, Tourag, VW CC, The new bus/camper et all and will be the next base for the new R36. It may well come as a hotter engine than 280 bhp 169144-ok.gif

6. The colour is simply the current flavour- New Focus, New Cayman, New Clio 182,VW CC and VW Con R, The TT when the 3.2- all seem to be orange for the photo's anyway.

Only VW available in Orange is the Beetle!

7. February 2006 will be the delivery of the first ones 169144-ok.gif

8. It will launch at ???? Big car show (Frankfurt?)in Europe Sept for the 2006 season 169144-ok.gif

Dealer had already taken a letter of intent from me and hopefully the good faith from my ordering the current R32 7 months before delivery will mean that it's taken as a serious order. lol.gif

Only time will tell. openfire.gif

This time it's tints and superguarded before it gets on the road! 169144-ok.gif

And I've got 30 weeks to sell my car! buttcheeks.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Here you go:-

Britský Autocar se krátce zmínil o tom, že by se nový Volkswagen Passat mohl objevit v ostré verzi R36,

která by dostala pod kapotou šestiválcový motor 3.6 V6 FSI s výkonem 206 kW (280 k).

Tento motor by byl o více než 20 kW výkonnější než standardní 3.2 V6 FSI 184 kW,

který se na trhu objeví koncem tohoto roku. Stejný motor, 3.6 V6 FSI, by mohl dostat také

ostrý Golf R36; oba modely by měly mít pohon všech

kol (Haldex).

[/ QUOTE ]

So what does that all mean?

@ RITEY..in the words of Jerry MacGuire.."SHOW ME THE MOONEY" though I'm not sure a measley 40bhp increase (even if the weight remains the same the mark 5 or is slightly leaner) will persuade me.

Why can't they make just a little effort with developing the engine/ancilliaries? I cannot believe it would take that much longer to move the mediocre output up to a level which the customer base want, the market (certainly UK) would support and the marque derserves. None of this, well it's going to be 80bhp more than the GTI you dumphcock (sp). The 4WD & weight will ensure that performance is only marginally better than the GTI, and when compared with the competition from other manufacturers I fear this will make the car even less appealing.

In short I'm bloody disappointed, especially from a 3.6 block. Now where's that song Idleweiss......

Edit: of course some of this could be speculation still & expectations are being deliberately managed down to surprise customers and try and keep ahead of the competition (ever the optimist!)

Gosh, all this info sure sounds a lot like what I said

several days ago in the R34 thread. wink.gif

There's every reason to expect the 3.6L VR6 to make 300hp

in the next gen R. The current 3.2L lump is already

making 250hp stock and with better breathing and software

(chip + intake + exhaust) is capable of 275+ hp. The 3.6L engine

in similar tune should make 300hp with no problems.

ian

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure does Ian! My axe on this is that VW should be producing 300plus as stock rather than customers having to spend extra currency on doing what should have be done in the first place.

Time will tell no doubt but I'm prepared to be underwhelmed

[ QUOTE ]

There's every reason to expect the 3.6L VR6 to make 300hp

in the next gen R. The current 3.2L lump is already

making 250hp stock and with better breathing and software

(chip + intake + exhaust) is capable of 275+ hp. The 3.6L engine

in similar tune should make 300hp with no problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ian - I'm sure you've got visionary binoculars or something. wink.gif

There is a tuning company in the UK called AmD who mod R's as well as other VWs, Audis, BMWs etc.

A few of us have gone for various stages of tuning from AmD and the following is a rough guide for what can be achieved as standard:

Stage 1: 250 BHP (remap only and fundamentally the same as 6463)

Stage 2: 270 BHP (remap and cat back Milltek exhaust)

Stage 2.5: 278 BHP (as stage 2 but with Milltek sports cats)

Stage 3: 290+ BHP (as stage 2 but with Schrick 260/264 degree cams)

Stage 4: 300+ BHP (as stage 3 but with Milltek sports cats)

Several people run K&N filters and Cold Air Intakes either with or without AmD upgrades - it is quite hard to tell exactly how much more power you get from one of these - anywhere between 3 and 8 BHP.

All in all, your comment above bears true - I don't think I will be changing the cams on my R36 when it arrives, but 300 BHP as standard is about the right slot for the car (sorry Ross, I disagree that the standard spec should be more than this). If basic tuning (remap, exhaust and filter) on the current R is anything to go by, then we will hopefully be able to push 320 to 330 BHP from an AmD Stage 2 conversion (when they release it for the R36), although they are not big believers in adding after-market air filters.

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else think it sounds faintly ridiculous having a 3.6 litre engine in a hatchback?!

I thought a 3.2 was pretty mad but a 3.6?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely and categorically not! NONO3.GIF

Are you mad? crazy.gif

It should be even bigger! 169144-ok.gif

(sorry Ross, I disagree that the standard spec should be more than this) - no problem!

I just don't see why it can't come out of the factory with that type of output, and judging by prices for 50bhp gains on the current 32, why customers should have to pay an extra c.£2-3k for it. I can't see the aftermarket spend being recovered on resale either?

Well - unless it starts at 300+hp and ~300ft/lbs, I'm not interested... frown.gif

MkV is longer, wider, heavier and has a lower quality interior than a MkIV - so a MkV based R36 for me needs to be to be faster and more nimble than my R32, and the same level of finish (or better) on the interior.

I can't see that happening - as I would gamble VW will stoke the Passat version before they do the Golf version of the donk.

Ian - what are your thoughts from a US perspective? Would you rush out and "upsize"?

Oh, I see....sorry grin.gif

I have a choice.....buy A3 3.2 now (as S3 seems 12 to 18 months away) or wait and see if R36 announced at Frankfurt in September and then hope deliveries start 1/4 2006.....decisions, decisions confused.gif I want to get to that DSG box as fed up with traffic.

[ QUOTE ]

before they do the Golf version of the donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still trying to work out what a 'donk' is..come on Rach I need subtitles! Actually trawling my memory banks, wasn't donk a character from Crocodile Dundee who had a beer glass balanced on his dead tongue.gif

I've got a feeling that we're all thinking the new .:R will be bigger and better, but that in our heart of hearts we know the present .:R is one of a kind, almost unique?

For my own part, I suspect the arrival of the new .:R will come and go and although I'm down for a new .:R through my stealer, I'll likely move on to something new....I have almost succomed to a new <font color="blue"> RS4 </font> but cannot get my head around whether it's a waste of money!!?? 169144-ok.gif

Decisions decisions, its a tough decision as to whether i should upgrade to the new R when it is released but i think we all know that with the introduction of a new R, our older Mk IV's are going to lose value.

With >300bhp ill be very interested in the new R model and fingers crossed it hits the shores in February-ish.