Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mo-S3

RS3 Badges ??

40 posts in this topic

yelrotflmao.gifjump.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Guys calm down its only a post, theres no need to resort to name calling on here, i think most of us left all that behind in the playground.

Deep breaths now come on....in out in out !! jump.gif

I owe Ess Three a huge apoligy, And i'm sorry for jumping to the conclusion. So sorry Ess Three and anyone else i offended

[ QUOTE ]

Its not that i cant afford the new one its just the insurance wouldnt wear it as ive just turned 21 and just smashed my 206cc.

so as for the cant afford part i think you have wrongly accused me when i could perfectly afford one no prob's i was just looking for some advice. In the future ill not ask some bellend like you mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dam.....I wanted to call Glen a bell end first, you have to hate him.....he's almost always right! yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Dam.....I wanted to call Glen a bell end first, you have to hate him.....he's almost always right!

[/ QUOTE ]

Apart from having a RS3 badge on his S3...which is quite

naff. wink.gifjump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I owe Ess Three a huge apoligy, And i'm sorry for jumping to the conclusion. So sorry Ess Three and anyone else i offended

[/ QUOTE ]

s3an:

No problem mate...

Appology graciously offered, and gratefully accepted!

Cheers...

[ QUOTE ]

Dam.....I wanted to call Glen a bell end first, you have to hate him.....he's almost always right!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gambba:

Heh-heh...

I try my best mate...you know me well enough by now!

[ QUOTE ]

Apart from having a RS3 badge on his S3...which is quite naff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris P:

I agree...but it gets people talking and is always good for a decent debate...

I find it amusing to see the expressions of the faces of those who think they know that Audi dodn't make one...but aren't quite sure....especially Golf GTI drivers around here...who seem to think it's an A3 with some 'badge enhancements'

Besides...if Audi can't provide me with an opportunity to buy an RS3...I'll just build one.

Start with an S3...tune the hell out of it, lower and uprate the suspension, uprate the brakes and give the chassis some added feel, fit bigger wheels etc...it's heading into RS teritory in it's ethos...

So why not have some fun and call it an RS3?...it's not like it's standard after all... grin.gif

My ex-g/f had a Lupo GTI devoid of all badges except a VW Racing 'R' logo on the back...people in Clio Sport 172s and the like used to chuckle...until you out cornered them and made them look a tad silly!

It was well sorted on the handling front when we'd finished...the best handling VAG car I've ever driven on back roads.

You could overhear some really funny conversations in the pub...along the lines of young lad trying to justify his humiliation to his mates because it was a VW Racing Lupo!! As if!!

Ess Three now since i might be in the good books again where abouts do you get all your work done on your audi im from just outside edinburgh do you know the best place for me to go and get mine chipped beerchug.gif

ess three or anyone else how has them can you post a pick of this rs3 badge as ive never seen one sounds cool though

[ QUOTE ]

Ess Three now since i might be in the good books again where abouts do you get all your work done on your audi im from just outside edinburgh do you know the best place for me to go and get mine chipped beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you could try Star Performance in Glenrothes...Jim Curley is a decent bloke with a good knowledge of tuning VAG cars...he did a lot of my tuning. He has a decent 4 wheel rolling road, and all the suspension alignment gear etc.

you should give him a call, or even better, pop up for a chat.

His website is http://www.starperformance.co.uk

He did re re-chipping work, and also sorted me out with my bespoke FMIC...and as far as I know he's still one of the few people in the UK that can do a FMIC for an S3!

BTW, the Nogaro Blue S3 with 18" BBS RSIIs on his website splash screen is mine!

[ QUOTE ]

ess three or anyone else how has them can you post a pick of this rs3 badge as ive never seen one sounds cool though

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres a couple of snaps...

The rear badge: 18557318-ffed-02000180-.jpg

The front badge: 18557319-61f4-02000180-.jpg

(Not the best photo I know..I had a decent pic of the rear, but had to pop out to the garage to get the pic of the front..so it's not the best...but you get the idea.

There will be a prize of a pint bought, down at GTI Int'l this year, for anyone who can tell me how I got the RS3 front badge done? wink.gif

I'm guessing you stole the RS from an RS4/RS6 x 2 and cut the S out and from the spare RS4/6 badge and cut and shut it to make the 3, that's my guess anyway.

I would agree with Gambba it looks to me like the 3 is made up out of 2 parts, cus u can see the break from the middle part to the bottom part of the 3

If you are going to "make" an RS3, at least do it properly, like this chap...

post-169-137914244568_thumb.jpg

Sorry Gambba & TINY...the '3' is in fact a single piece...I can assure you.

It's not the best picture, I agree...but a simgle piece it is!

In that case did u use the RS4/RS6 and a 3 from an R32 badge or is the 3 a different size style on the R32 iamwithstupid.gif

R32 badge is completely different font...

The RS3 lettering is all Audi...perhaps not as Audi intended, but all Audi non the less!

That is one cool looking car. I bet it sounds better than the standard exhaust, still dont know if i would put a phony badge on it though. Possibly a debadge?