Fuel

gtsmyth

95 RON fuel is probably ok to use, but you will see a dip in performance. Most cars nowdays have ECU's which alter the timing and stuff when it detects it needs it, so i wouldn't be too worried.

The manufacturer probably suggests 98 or over so that the car meets it's performance figures.

I recall one of the booklets saying anything 95 or above is fine, and that using 97/98 wouldn't benefit performance or economy

I did note however that on the inside of the fuel cap cover there's a sticker with 98 in large font, and then 95 in brackets in a smaller font. This would suggest 98 is preferred

Dealer put first tank in so don't know what he put in (probably the cheapest) and I've put 95 in the other two. Will give super a go for the next one

Hi,

I put a few tanks in as I couldn't get anything else in the far north of Scotalnd. The engine management light came on for about half a day (it means poor quality exhaust gases - which can be caused by misfiring) after that it went off and I started back on the Optimax. Not seen it since, probably takes the ECU a while to sort things out. Whilst the light was on, I couldn't feel any difference and as long as it doesn't start flashing you are OK to drive the car.

Cheers, Neil.